PDA

View Full Version : here's one for ironwood

04-08-2002, 10:43 PM
idiotic half drunk moron in EMP. jokingly using minor racial slurs at his buddy, not the most classiest thing to do at the table...

5 or six limpers to me in sb...i complete with 56os

flop 5 6 ? 2 tone...

i check, BB bets...EMP raises, i cold caller, i reraise, BB folds..EMP and caller..call

turn 5

checked around missed c/r

river x makes flush possible...

before i can act EMP whips out a bet. cold caller folds...

not saying anything about his playing out of turn, i raise. he calls with his flush and i take him down...his buddy jokingly mentions, "well ya had the best...til showdown..." then giggled a little

his face turns about a shade red as he looks at me thru his red tints and shakes his head at me.

it shut him up for about 1/2 hour...every once in awhile i notice him looking at me

god it felt great...he had commented about another players play earlier...but he wasnt saying anything now...i bit off the temptation to tell him to wait his turn to bet next time. haha

unfortunately this caused him to tighten up a little during the next hour. well...fuck him. he deserved it.

he loosened up a little later and dropped about another rack before he left. but he didnt criticize anyone else for the rest of the time.

b

04-08-2002, 11:05 PM
Doesn't it feel good when you hit guys like these between the eyes?

04-09-2002, 03:32 AM
First off, I never use slurs - at or away from the table. I assume that you don't either.

So, why does this guy bother you? HE has this particular short-coming, NOT you. Are you the Morality Police, or what?

I'm not picking on you for nothing here, B. I think this guy could inadvertantly set you a little on tilt, given the right circumstance. If you think about it in retrospect, can you see this point?

Never be bothered at the table. Poker is a game of information - good and bad. Use the information you recieve from your opponents to defeat them. Don't worry about what some nitwit thinks or says. TAKE HIS MONEY.

That's what actually shut hime up, you know -- Your taking his money. Nothing you could have simply said to him would have, so why waste your time thinking of things you'd like to say to this A-Hole?

The only persons his conduct bothered were certain others, including you, but always excluding him. Why should your state-of-mind be impacted by the comment of such a ridiculous person?

Stay cool, and play Poker. 21Kid

04-09-2002, 03:40 AM
>"well ya had the best...til showdown..." then

>giggled a little

>...

>his face turns about a shade red as he looks at

>me thru his red tints and shakes his head at me.

>it shut him up for about 1/2 hour

Fantastic!

04-09-2002, 03:44 AM
Whenever I sit with a jerk, I feel free to think of him as a jerk. It will indeed bother me that someone is racially insensitive or even outright racist, but that does not mean that it affects my game. I for one, feel pretty damn good when I beat out a jackass for a pot, but I don't go out of my way to try and do so. I don't think bernie is implying that he did either. Of course a jerk at the table can put you on tilt, but unless he also happens to be a great player, I think this is hard for him to do. If I see such a moron showing down J6o and other such junk, he can call me names all night long. He will be paying for the privlage after all.

04-09-2002, 03:55 AM
From the way Bernie worded his post, it seems this guy's attitude might have affected his play.

It wouldn't have affected myself either way though, Jake. I don't ever care whom it is I beat, as long as I am usually beating somebody. 21Kid

04-09-2002, 12:37 PM
his actions had nothing to do with my play. i wasnt even close to tilt. i just thought he was an Ahole. and the situation presented itself. i didnt go out of my way to do it.

if you saw me, youd never think i knew how to play necessarily. i get looks from new players all the time. doesnt bother me at all. i actually relish it when they do that. this guy was just a classless dipshit. and he also prejudged me by looking at me. again, i dont mind it at all. since theyre not watching my game at that point. definitely nothing new to me.

if you also notice, i 'didnt' say anything...im not the morality police. but another reason i didnt say anything...the guy sucked. i WANTED him to stay. if he was verbally attacking a player then i may say something. but thats about the only time.

i actually find these types to be mildly entertaining, breaking the monotany of the game. however, though i dont mind it, im thinking of the other players at the table who might. so im also watching 'their' reaction to him. not just for myself...a guy like this can tighten up the whole table. and ive seen it happen too many times. so now the question is...is this loose idiot worth more chips than the players he's tightened up? that can be a tough one.

b

04-09-2002, 04:34 PM