PDA

View Full Version : Flopped 2 pair against notorious bluffer

Irishboy
03-26-2004, 11:52 AM
I'm still trying to decide if I played this hand correctly. All opinions are appreciated.

Situation:
$50 buy-in 12 man home tournament. 2 hours in. 2 players elminated. 10 man table. Everyone started with 500 chips.

I have played very few hands so far. I am tight/aggessive at the beginning of tournaments and get looser as the blinds increase and there are fewer players.

Blinds are 10/20. I currently have ~450 chips and pick up 10,6 offsuit in the BB. It folds around to the SB who completed.

SB has been playing very, very loose (roughly 60% of his hands) and betting at every flop when he is first in. Whenever he gets played back at, he folds unless he actually has a hand. This strategy has been somewhat successful as he has about 750 in chips.

Flop comes 10,6,2 rainbow. BINGO!

SB bluff boy bets 50 (his standard bluff bet) in to me. I call.

My thought process is "I know this S.O.B. is bluffing and I have position, so I will let him bluff on the flop, turn, and river, and I'll hammer him with a raise at the end".

Turn 7 (10,6,2) completing the rainbow.

SB bets another 50. I call.

River 8 (10,6,2,7).

SB bets 200.

Oh [censored], did I just slowplay myself out of a pot? Does he have a 9? Would he bluff bet big on the river to pick up this pot? I've seen him make 2 big bets on the river so far, but he didn't have to show either one down.

What do you do?

How would you play this hand differently?

luckyfold
03-26-2004, 12:08 PM
Simple, if it was me i would have just let him bet on the flop and then bust him with a large re-raise. If he stays in for the large raise.... well then you could be in trouble. You have to play into the better don't give him a chance to bet at you! Not to mention you hit two pair off the flop, don't let him draw on his terms make him draw on your terms. I'd be happy with scraping up 100 from the guy and call it a hand, the more you let people draw on you the more of a chance you will no longer have the best hand.

Hope that helps.

/images/graemlins/club.gifBrad/images/graemlins/club.gif

TylerD
03-26-2004, 12:24 PM
This is the reason you should have raised the turn. Calling the flop bet is IMO fine, you want some action for your hand but want to avoid the situation you found yourself in on the river. I would have made a pot-sized raise on the turn.

The river is a tough call, but it sure looks like he has a nine. Its your decision as to whether its another bluff, does he usual follow three with his bluffs ("fires another barallel")?