PDA

View Full Version : $300 NLH at Foxwoods ---> CRAZY

Greg (FossilMan)
03-26-2004, 11:37 AM
John DeRose (posts here as Myrtle) just called me from his cell phone, a bit before 10am. There were already 1100 people entered into the $300 NLH event today, and at least another 100 in line, hoping they could find a way to get in. He also told they were starting the event with 12 players to a table (11 if it's a stud table), in order to accommodate all of these players.

It's a total madhouse down there. Good luck to those of you playing, and commiserations to any of you who got shut out.

And congratulations to John for making the final table of the limit holdem event yesterday, out of 600+ players.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

TheGrifter
03-26-2004, 11:48 AM
That's nuts. I was going to drive down to play in the 500 dollar NLH on Sunday but I don't want to fight through that crowd. Maybe next year when everyone finds a new fad.

ohkanada
03-26-2004, 11:49 AM
Sounds crazy.

Congrats to John!

I will be traveling to RI from April 4th until the 16th. Hope to see you and all the regulars!

Ken Poklitar

NotMitch
03-26-2004, 02:28 PM
Wow, I thought about playing, glad I didnt. I wonder if its worth it to go and try to play at all this weekend (cash not tourneys).

Tie Domi
03-27-2004, 01:57 PM
I was down there yesterday. Considering the huge number of people, it wasn't too bad. You can register for any of the tournaments in advance and avoid the lines. The only possibility of getting into the live action is to get there early (7:00 - 8:00 AM). By the time the tournaments begin losing players there are literally 100's of players on the lists.

There were 3 or 4 live No- limit games going at once.