PDA

View Full Version : Why vote for Kerry?

ChristinaB
03-26-2004, 10:32 AM
1. John Ashcroft won’t be attorney general
2. John Kerry won’t appoint right wing fanatics (like Thomas and Scalia) to lifetime appointments on the Supreme Court.
3. John Kerry doesn’t want to amend the Patriot Act to stip the sunset provision out of it.
4. John Kerry doesn’t want to expand and enhance the powers of the patriot act.
5. John Kerry won’t increase funding to abstinence only sex education programs when there is evidence that it is harming America’s youth.
6. John Kerry will attempt to repair international relations with our long term allies that George Bush destroyed.
7. John Kerry will attempt to involve the international community in the rebuilding of Iraq shift some of the tax burden away from the American taxpayer.
8. John Kerry wants to make access to affordable healthcare a right of every American citizen.
9. John Kerry wants to get the tax burden that was shifted onto the middle class by Bush back on to the wealthiest 2% of Americans.
10. John Kerry won’t throw away taxpayer money on expensive cold war military weapons systems (like star wars) that in light of the facts of today (box cutter welding enemies) don’t make sense.
11. Item deleted by Mat Sklansky.
12 John Kerry doesn’t believe the government should be in your bedroom telling you what type of sex acts you can engage in and with whom you can do them with.

GWB
03-26-2004, 10:45 AM
I think items 11 & 12 are the real reason for your post.

link (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=576289&page=&view=&sb =5&o=&vc=1)

America does not want Kerry.

Why?

Well he commited war crimes in Viet Nam, he did not support Viet Nam vets or the Viet Nam people.

He has historiclly voted down defence, Viet Nam Vets pay, Social Security while taking a ton of money from Corporations.

He flips and flops on all issues depending on who he is addressing

adios
03-26-2004, 10:46 AM
FWIW I commend your decision to eschew hateful rhetoric.

Zeno
03-26-2004, 02:08 PM
John Kerry would declare himself a cannibal tomorrow if he thought it would garner him more votes. He is no different than any other slobbering demagogue the Democrats have thrown into the political arena during the last 50 years or so.

You would do well to disbelieve at least 95% of what John Kerry says, promises, or otherwise spews out of his long wrinkly face. Trust me on this, I have seen this all before, too many times before actually.

I urge you to vote for George Bush. John Kerry will be a disaster. We need four more years of Bush. Trust me on this also.

-Zeno

J.R.
03-26-2004, 04:01 PM
He snowboards.

mosch
03-26-2004, 05:54 PM
You're right, Bush hasn't quite finished destroying schools with 'Leave No Child Behind'. I'm still amazed that he stands up and acts like this is a good project, when any reasonably aware parent or teacher has discovered that it is not.

Unless of course your goal is to destroy public education in America, then it's great.

adios
03-26-2004, 06:11 PM
Is public education working in America? My understanding and I'm sure you know more about it than I do is that US students competency has been in decline for quite some time. Is this wrong or perhaps the wrong way to look at it?

jcx
03-26-2004, 06:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
12 John Kerry doesn’t believe the government should be in your bedroom telling you what type of sex acts you can engage in and with whom you can do them with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get real. I didn't know government agents were making house calls these days to ensure people weren't shagging the neighbor's dog. Anyone reading this could be spanking it in about 2 clicks and 30 seconds. Unless you mean you don't want the government to try and catch pedophiles. Excepting this, please give an example as to how the government is in YOUR bedroom (I'll save you some time - please don't cite the recent Texas sodomy law. Law enforcement agents were on the premises for a completely different reason - not to see if two men were poking each other. They just happened to catch them in the act and made a poor decision in arresting them.).

By the way, I wish every judge in America was a clone of Antonin Scalia. No one in any part of the political spectrum has anything to fear from a man like this, as he simply reads the Constitution for what it is and rules accordingly. Liberal activist judges such as Ruth Bader Ginsburg, who like to legislate their personal views from the bench, are contributing to the eventual fall of our Republic more than anything else in America today.

ChristinaB
03-27-2004, 03:47 PM
So, nobody wants to discuss the serious Justice issues that dominate the list?

Its all sex, sex, sex...

snowman
03-27-2004, 11:14 PM
I'm still laughing thanks I needed that, I thought this might be a serious post til I read your list
ROTFL!!!!! Thanks /images/graemlins/ooo.gif /images/graemlins/smirk.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Cyrus
03-28-2004, 08:50 AM
Long, wrinkly faces are generally to be trusted more than Texas pompadours if that's your point.

The last decent Republican President was Dwight Eisenhower. But Ike doesn't get much write-up these days, not since he warned us about the growing strength of the industrial-military complex in the United States. (You could say he did a Richard Clarke, only fifty years earlier and a thousand times bigger.)

Zeno
03-28-2004, 01:57 PM
For all you wavy gravy hair dudes check this out: Pompadours 101 (http://www.geocities.com/pompadour101/instructions.html)

Just another philanthropic post from Zeno; A Neo-con facist and Misanthrope. Enjoy.

-Zeno

scalf
03-28-2004, 03:01 PM
/images/graemlins/smile.gif truly one of the most valuable resources at 2+2 ever..

tia

gl /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif