PDA

View Full Version : 1 table vs. 2 table Sit and Go's and ROI

Jonathan
03-26-2004, 09:42 AM
I am trying to decide which is more profitable, 1 table or 2 table SitnGo's. Clearly, your ROI on the 2 table should be higher than 1 table, Otherwise, since it takes less time to play 1 table, you are better off sticking to 1 table.

But how much higher? What is the cutoff, below which you are better off switching from 2 table to 1 table?

Or are there other factor which I should be considering?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Al_Capone_Junior
03-26-2004, 09:48 AM
Your ROI for 2 tables is more WHEN YOU WIN, but I suspect if you were to add up all the money you win vs. the time it takes to win it, that may not be the case. For me, I am quite sure I make more money / time spent at the one table SNGs.

al

Jonathan
03-26-2004, 11:30 AM
But how are your sure?

Are there specific metrics you look at in Poker Tracker for example, that indicate that 1 table is more profitable for you?

Or is your judgement basically a gut reaction based on many hours experience?

Jonathan

Al_Capone_Junior
03-26-2004, 01:23 PM
It's a gut reaction based on many hours experience (thousands and thousands).

It's also a tendency to notice that on stars, the two table SNGs are tighter and more difficult most of the time.

al

jedi
04-12-2004, 01:58 PM
Bump this, since I didn't want to start a new thread about this.

Is there any reason to be playing the One-table Stars SnGs? The reason I ask is because their tournament tables are 9 handed. You'll get more money from a 10-handed table at Ultimate Bet, Party or Paradise. Now, if the tournament structure is THAT much better at Stars, then that would be a good reason, but I don't see any reason to be playing a 1-table at Stars.

Prickly Pete
04-12-2004, 02:14 PM
With respect to Stars tourneys being 9-handed: It's not better or worse, it's different. Yes the payout is less, but you have to beat fewer people to get paid.

nummy
04-12-2004, 05:11 PM
Will have to say that my main reason I play one table tournaments instead of two is less variance. I expect to place in one table tournaments at least 40% of the time, but not so much so on two table tournaments. To tell you the truth, that 40% number is a little low, more like 50% that I want to place at least third. I know there is no way I can expect that on two table tournaments.

As far as playing at Stars....I like playing there because I can be patient. Party's blinds just go up way too fast for my liking. Just how I like to play.