PDA

View Full Version : theoretical question

curtains
03-26-2004, 08:10 AM
You are playing in the UB $500 buyin, and you are UTG at a 10 handed table with AJo. You have just been moved to your table and the blinds are 75-150.

How many chips would you need to have before raising with this hand becomes a borderline play. For example Id always move allin with 800 in chips, but Id always fold with 3000. If you had to come up with a precise number of chips in where the decision was as close as possible, what would it be?

Greg (FossilMan)
03-26-2004, 09:24 AM
About T1200-1500.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

deacsoft
03-26-2004, 12:41 PM
I would say that if you're above the chip average you don't need to make that move. Afterall A-Jo is not a very strong hand (certainly from an early position). If you had around 70% or below the chip average you may want to consider making a move, but I still don't think a preflop all in is the way to do it. It just invites anyone with a good hand to call because they may knock out another player. I would rather make a good size raise and try to steel the blinds. If someone calls then play after the flop accordingly. If someone raises you all it's a tough call but folding is an option because there is a good chance you're behind. So in short I belive it should be relevant to the chip average of the tournament at the time of decision.