PDA

View Full Version : On the bubble with AJs

chesspain
03-26-2004, 01:33 AM
Paradise 10+1...four players left...I have T1645; the Button has T1710, and before posting the SB has T3245, whereas the BB has T3400...blinds are 150/300; three hands to go before the blinds increase...

I am dealt A /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif, and I push all-in. The Button and SB fold, BB calls with 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

1) Was my push too risky here?
2) Was the BB foolish to call with a hand that was either a huge underdog or at best a coin flop?

sucka
03-26-2004, 01:40 AM
with less than 6BB's and the blinds increasing quickly, I think you have to push in here.

The BB has to like his call when he sees what you have but frankly to win tourney's like these you have to get a little lucky and win 1 or 2 of these coin flip type hands to bust people out.

That being said, If I'm the BB and in the shape he's in at that point, I doubt very seriously I'm risking half my stack with this hand. I'm more apt to let the short stacks duke it out and get me in the money and then I'll fire it up again.

ThaSaltCracka
03-26-2004, 02:02 AM
oh man, this is an almost auto push by you, you should not chastise yourself on this play.
Now if I was the BB, I wouldn't call half my stack either with a small pocket pair.
This is a good play by you period. Don't play results, this was a good solid play.

David BB
03-26-2004, 02:46 AM
1) No, I would push with many far worse hands here.

2) Yes.

Tosh
03-26-2004, 07:51 AM
You made the right play, BB made a horrible play IMO.

I would push many weaker hands here.

Al_Capone_Junior
03-26-2004, 09:52 AM
1. not at all. AJs is pretty darn strong four ways, especially if you are the raiser.

2. yes, he was either a small favorite or a big dog, but obviously he was too unaware to realize it. I would not call your all-in with a pair so small unless I WANTED to flip a coin, which wouldn't be the case here!

al