PDA

View Full Version : my first limit session

edtost
03-25-2004, 09:47 PM
maybe i should play limit more often.....

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB caps</font>, BB folds, MP1 calls, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (21 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (16.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (24.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 24.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 24.50 BB, between Hero, Button, SB and MP1.</font> &gt;

results in white:
<font color="white">Pot won by Hero (24.50 BB).</font>

was i right to slow down / be scared? i guess i'm thinking too much like my whole stack was at risk........

Nottom
03-26-2004, 01:08 AM
Why the stop and go on the flop/turn?

Styles
03-26-2004, 10:49 AM
FWIW HandHistories should go in the SmallStakes forum.

I think you failed to think this through when you raised the flop. Your opponent saves by 3betting you on the flop from the button. You probably lost at least 3 BigBets by checking behind and maybe more if he still would have raised. Especially, when the Spade doesn't come.

But at least your Aces held up so you got that going for you he could have easily had Trips or 2 pair so it's easy to see why you were afraid. I think you can wait to raise the Turn here. You are either already beaten or he has the flush draw and is gonna call anyway. Make him call a raise with only one card to come. Not many people will 3bet the turn with a flush draw. I think the only hand you could beat if he 3bet the turn would be AQo with the Ace of Spades (since you don't have it). Just my opinion.

Welcome to the board. Good Luck.

nykenny
03-26-2004, 12:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why the stop and go on the flop/turn?

[/ QUOTE ]
i agree too. cap and lead would be better

MrDannimal
03-26-2004, 04:59 PM
Agreed. If he raises the turn after you cap and lead, you can start to worry. The turn shouldn't scare you at all.