PDA

View Full Version : How do dealer tips affect your hourly rate?

el_grande
03-25-2004, 08:31 PM
Being a relatively new B&M player and tracking all of my play, I started wondering about dealer tips. Do you somehow add them back to your winnings when you are tracking your play?

I play 3/6 and I'm guessing I win an average of 2 or 3 pots an hour. Not sure.. but every time I win a pot over $15 or so I give a buck to the dealer. If I win a big pot I'll give them $2.

A typical good player makes 1BB/hr. So that means I'm giving away over 30% of my rate in tips?!

I've got about 140 hours tracked in a spreadsheet. Purely guessing, I've given away maybe $300 in tips. That's 50BB!

maurile
03-25-2004, 09:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you somehow add them back to your winnings when you are tracking your play?

[/ QUOTE ]
No. I don't add the higher rake back in, either.

LivingLegend58
03-25-2004, 10:14 PM
Tipping is funny because I am not sure they deserve it. Don't get me wrong, I tip when I take a pot but how much does the dealer deserve. I usually place 3/6 as yourself so it adds up. I guess it depends on what mood I am in.

MicroBob
03-26-2004, 12:28 AM
"How do dealer tips affect your hourly rate?"

i think you have already answered your own question.
if your cash-outs are averagine +1BB/hr played and you are tipping .5BB/hr then your win-rate WOULD be 1.5BB/hr if you didn't feel obligated to tip. simple as that.

no matter what logic you use....it's pretty tough to get away with NOT tipping the dealer without taking some serious heat and grief at some point.
just part of the cost of playing.

observation/suggestion - there is no tipping the dealer in online play.

LetsRock
03-26-2004, 10:12 AM
Dealing may look like a real easy job and it is for about 20 minutes. Try sitting down and dealing for 2 or 3 hours at a time someday. It'll kick your ass.