PDA

View Full Version : 10-20: Hand vs SB preflop raiser

04-08-2002, 03:50 AM
This hand spurred some discussion between myself and two 2+2 lurkers. One was in the game, the other walked by during the end of the hand. See what y'all think.

Loose 10-20. 2 limpers to me, I limp with Ah2h. Loose LP calls, and aggressive SB now raises. All call. 6 to the flop for 6BBs.

Flop: Qd 5h 2d. Checked to me, I bet, LP and SB call. Everyone else folds. 3 to the turn for 7.5BBs.

Turn: Qs. Checked around.

River: Tc. SB bets, I call, LP folds.

Comments?

04-08-2002, 03:51 AM
SB turned over unimproved AK and my 2's were good.

04-08-2002, 05:27 AM
Clarkmeister,

I hope he showed you AK or AJ on the end. Since he didn't bet, the flop, you are either way behind, and you got to see the river for cheap, or ahead, and you induced a bluff on the end. I like the play, the other caller probably had diamonds and missed, and your bet might have cleared the way for you rockbottom pair to be good.

Good luck,

Bob T.

I will be in Las Vegas next week from thursday to sunday, hope I can track you and the some of the other posters from there down.

04-08-2002, 11:44 AM
you know why.

04-08-2002, 11:55 AM
Maybe. I thought it was close. The problem is that SB was aggressive enough to checkraise bluff in that spot on the turn. While I was like 90% confident in my read of him, I really didn't want to get into a war with him when I could simply let the buttons flush draw miss and induce a bluff.

In hindsight, I actually think betting is better, but I don't think its better by much. I'm suprised that the turn check hasn't gotten more responses.

04-08-2002, 05:16 PM
Checking the turn, I could go either way with this. I'd probably bet it out most of the time.

Did you call on the river because of a read you had? If so nice call.