PDA

View Full Version : A Variant on HEPFAP21 Loose Games Idea

04-08-2002, 02:23 AM
Here's a hand where I used the concept from the HEPFAP21 Loose Games section - sometimes wait to raise to drive people out until the Turn, because they won't go out on the cheap flop bet/raise. But I used it on a semibluff bet-out.

6-12 game with 4 tight players and 5 loose players (9 handed). I am 3 off the button, and the button has a "kill" - he has posted $12 and this hand will be played at 12-24. Today everyone has tightened up, especially preflop, on kill pots. 3 folds to me. Following me are: tight, loose, loose (button & kill), tight (SB), and very loose (BB). The BB is half in for one small bet on this kill pot. I pick up KJo and, because of the group's conservatism today on kill pots, I decide to raise. All fold to the BB (button/killer acts last), BB calls, and killer/button calls. 3 handed, 6 SB in pot.

Flop is QT4 rainbow (suits not important for entire hand). Very loose BB checks to me.

This is a great spot for a semibluff on a good draw. But I know that either of these opponents, especially the BB, will call with any 2 undercards, or whatever, on the flop. I check, button checks. 3 players, 3 BB in pot.

Turn is a 4th suit Ten, pairing the board. Board is QTT4 rainbow. Very loose BB checks to me again.

Analysis: If either opponent had a Queen-anything, he would have bet the flop. I think the very loose BB probably would have bet a Ten as well, and the button would also have bet a Ten after being checked to. And now, the BB would surely have bet a Ten on the Turn if he had one. So an opponent with trip Tens is probably just a monster under the bed that I don't have to worry about too much. And either two pair or a set would have been bet on the flop for sure, so IF either has a Ten, he doesn't have a full house, and I have at least my 8 straight outs on the river.

So, now, I semibluff bet on the Turn. The button reluctantly folded, and the BB folded quickly. They didn't show what they had.

Comments on my thought process?

Dick

email: Dick@annabelles-treasures.com

04-08-2002, 02:50 AM
I like to bet this turn even when I have 23o. You're getting something like 3:1 from the pot? So you only have to win 1/4 times to make this a good bet?

In your case, you're already winning >15% of the time even when someone calls you.