PDA

View Full Version : Blinds and the 2+2 table... again

cold_cash
03-25-2004, 12:34 PM
I struggled with defending/stealing blinds last night at the 2+2 table. I haven't played in many games where I really needed to worry about it, and I knew beforehand I might botch a few hands.

I would post the names of the players in this hand, but with Party names, 2+2 names, and real names, I'm not completely sure who everybody is. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I will say that the SB in this one was pretty aggressive and apt to steal, but was also capable of folding a decent hand.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB raises, Hero calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB bets, Hero calls.

Turn: (3 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB bets, Hero raises, SB 3-bets, Hero calls.

River: (9 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB bets, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 11 BB, between SB and Hero.</font>

With the Ace falling on the turn, I thought that might be a good time to semi-bluff raise and see if I could get him to fold. If he didn't, I still had quite a few outs, though I wasn't sure if a 4th diamond coming on the river would give me the best hand.

Should I have capped the turn? Re-raised pre-flop? Raised the flop? Folded anywhere?

What do you guys think?

StellarWind
03-25-2004, 01:12 PM
I don't think I like the turn bluff with this very coordinated board. If he has a made hand, he'll suspect a semibluff and may reraise. If he has a draw, he'll call with his outs.

And if he has both ...

sthief09
03-25-2004, 01:29 PM
I was the SB. I literally could've had any 2 cards, and I was overplaying just about every hand I got. There was a chance you were ahead, and you had 20 outs (9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3 Q, 3 J, 2 T, 3 7) if I had you high-carded, and 15 outs if I had an ace.

but I think you should've raised the flop because for all you knew, you could've been raising the turn drawing dead.

I had KJo with no /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

if I flashed you my cards before the hand, and you played it the same way, you would've made exactly as many bets as you did, so given that, you MUST'VE played the hand well

TBone
03-25-2004, 03:01 PM
I raise the flop. You've likely got outs to the open ender, you've got a decent flush draw as well as overcards. Why wait to the turn to semi-bluff. Raise here, take control of the hand and see if you can take it down either here or by betting the turn.

Ace coming on the turn is too likely to have either hit your opponent, or cause an aggressive opponent to make a play. So, I don't like the raise here.

I tend to play my draws at the 2+2 tables very aggressively, perhaps too aggressive.

T