PDA

View Full Version : Strugling $2/$4 Flushs at Party

Sarge85
03-25-2004, 11:48 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Sarge is BB with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, Sarge checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Sarge bets, MP2 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Sarge bets, MP2 calls, Button raises, SB calls, Sarge 3-bets, MP2 folds, Button caps, SB calls, Sarge calls.

River: (17.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB bets, Sarge calls, Button raises, SB calls, Sarge calls.

Final Pot: 23.50 BB
------------------

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Sarge is UTG+2 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, Sarge raises, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO bets $4.5 (All-In), Button calls, SB calls, BB folds, Sarge calls.

Flop: (10 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
SB checks, Sarge bets, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
SB checks, Sarge bets, Button calls, SB raises, Sarge calls, Button calls.

River: (12.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
SB bets, Sarge folds, Button folds.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB

Results on Both later...

Thanks

Sarge/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Joe Tall
03-25-2004, 01:06 PM
Hand#1:

Turn is fine. I can't imagine having the best hand on the river but this is Party and a call in this size pot can't be icredibly wrong.

Hand#2

Preflop: Re-raise the All-in, you likely have the best hand and now are creating a sidepot.

Turn: Check it through and hope to improve.

Peace,
Joe Tall

daveymck
03-25-2004, 01:07 PM
This will probably illustrate my weak tightness but here goes,

Hand 1

no reads given, but playing standard I dont think I can three bet the turn, unless I know the BB is a bluffer his raise means he either has picked up the flush is playing 88 or 99 or if an idiot is raising A8 and A9 or some other PP. Action would be dependant on that.

On the River looks like the sb has picked up the flush as well. Dependant on your reads you maybe can fold this on the river for 2 bb's but I think you have to call it down with the pot size, but I dont think you won.

Only real differance was I would have saved 2bb's on the turn.

Hand 2 I think is standard.

Sarge85
03-25-2004, 03:45 PM
Hand 1: Button had 88 for the flopped boat and I was smoked the whole way. After the hand the SB said he had 66 (didnt show) - so I may very well have been 3rd in that debacle.

Hand 2: - interesting comment by Joe Tall about the side pot...after the hand, i wish i would have taken the free card.

pudley4
03-25-2004, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: Button had 88 for the flopped boat and I was smoked the whole way. After the hand the SB said he had 66 (didnt show) - so I may very well have been 3rd in that debacle.

Hand 2: - interesting comment by Joe Tall about the side pot...after the hand, i wish i would have taken the free card.

[/ QUOTE ]

The all-in was less than half a bet, so you couldn't raise again. If you were able to raise, it would be a very good raise.