PDA

View Full Version : PP NL$200 - 4 hands from the end of my session

Nero
03-25-2004, 06:34 AM
Nothing terribly controversial about any of these hands, just had a couple questions and wanted to give the hand converter a go.

Hand 1:

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (10 handed)

BB ($213.70)
UTG ($257)
UTG+1 ($506.30)
UTG+2 ($733.85)
MP1 ($254.80)
MP2 ($197.40)
MP3 ($1363.81)
CO ($192)
Hero ($1294.95)
SB ($318.10)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls $4, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Hero raises to $15, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+2 calls $11.

Flop: ($36) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG+2 bets $50, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $86

Thought seriously about calling this to see if he could fire another shot. Figure he had a PP anywhere from 22-TT, no chance he plays a 9 or higher PP this way. Any card on the turn is probably a scare card for him and he being I was the PFR it not out of the question I had JJ-AA.

Thoughts?

Hand 2:
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (10 handed)

Button ($207.70)
SB ($253)
BB ($502.30)
UTG ($749.05)
UTG+1 ($254.80)
UTG+2 ($197.40)
MP1 ($1363.81)
MP2 ($194)
Hero ($1279.95)
CO ($334.10)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls $4, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, Hero raises to $15, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls $11, UTG calls $11.

Flop: ($47) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG bets $4, Hero raises to $30, BB calls $30, UTG calls $26.

Turn: ($137) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB bets $50, UTG calls $50, Hero folds.

River: ($237) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks.

Final Pot: $237
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: $237, between BB and UTG.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by UTG ($237).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows Qc Tc (one pair, jacks).
UTG shows 9d 7d (two pair, jacks and nines).
Outcome: UTG wins $237. </font>

This is probably just results oriented, but this hand truely baffled me afterwards. The BB betting into 2 people on the turn with nothing then giving up on the river when the flush draw missed? Im new to PP, if this type of weak bluff and give up if called common?

Hand 3:

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (7 handed)

UTG ($214.50)
MP1 ($68)
MP2 ($179.40)
CO ($204)
Button ($190)
Hero ($1177.95)
BB ($386.60)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls $4, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $4, CO folds, Button folds, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($16) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP2 bets $8, Hero calls $8, BB folds, UTG folds.

Turn: ($32) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets $20, MP2 calls $20.

River: ($72) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets $65, MP2 raises to $130, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $267
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: $202, won by MP2.</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: $65, overbet by MP2.</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
MP2 doesn't show.
Outcome: MP2 wins $267. </font>

Bleh, didn't want to give up on this one especially with the A /images/graemlins/spade.gif falling on the turn. I think check-raising the turn is a much better play here and then giving up if I dont improve on the river. Costs me the same, looks like a stronger hand(more likely to win on turn), and wins more when I hit. Thoughts?

P.S. bisonbison, your hand converter couldnt be easier to use converter and kicks ass. thanks for taking the time to put this together.

Nero
03-25-2004, 06:53 AM
A couple other thoughts. I have also noticed that the buy-in structure at party produces a lot of terrible big stack players. Some player's who play solid w/ 50-100 BB stacks seem to get lost after thier stack reaches 150+ BB's. They either start to tighten up and can be pushed out of every pot or become extremly loose. Anyone else notice this?

UTG+1 in hand 1 was in stack preservation mode. Which is why his $50 bet looked so odd to me. He would have raised/re-raised AA-JJ pre-flop, and im almost positive he would have folded to pressure on the turn. Am I over-analyzing people play here?

Im finding it hard to make solid reads of opponents when not being able to physically watch them play. You can tell a lot by their betting patterns but maybe not enough to make some "feel" bluffs/plays.

Anyone like to share their idea's on any of this?

Krytemaster
03-25-2004, 08:13 AM
Hi Nero!

I have played a lot on PP PL 200 and love the games there! I have also played some on the NL 200. I see from your first post that you seem to be playing quite loose aggressive, a style that I agree can give a lot of money if you are a good cardreader.

I play quite loose aggressive from LP as well but I´m quite hesitant to keep bluffing at an opponent unless I know that he is capable of folding a quite ok hand. The biggest reason to why I find Party´s 200-games so extremely good is that there are so many extremely loose players, that can play very weak hands very hard and call quite big bets all the way to showdown with hands that definitely should be folded (often preflop or at least on the flop).

I also agree that some players change their style when won some money. But often the (bad) loose aggressive ones keep playing the same way even when they have accumulated some chips, and when they do they often put some other rather good players on more or less tilt and that can really get the game going and keep the game real good, since the players that loses a pot or two to the loose agg. players try to win it back against most other palyers as well with bad bluffs and playing marginal hands real hard.

Regarding your last hand, I would have folded my hand on the flop, since a Q is your only out good enough to make some money. That is if you don´t planned to make a play on him and thought the chance of driving him out of the pot later on was very good. However, on the turn I agree that a checkraise would be better and if he checks the turn - come out with a pot-sized bet on the river.

Some of this was a little of subject, but still concerning Party 200, sorry for that...

Krytemaster

Krytemaster
03-25-2004, 08:16 AM
Hi again!

I have thought of another thing regarding PP. When do you guys think the games are the best (the wildest...)? At what time of the day and which days?

I have thought about that a bit and often I find the games to be the best at 00.00-06.00 (Eastern US), at least on weekdays, would you agree?

Nero, if you want to exchange Party-ID, and maybe talk about some specific players or other things at Party, please PM me, and I will give you my ID...

Krytemaster

neotope
03-25-2004, 09:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have thought of another thing regarding PP. When do you guys think the games are the best (the wildest...)? At what time of the day and which days?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think anytime after 7pm EST is when it starts to get rather good.

1800GAMBLER
03-25-2004, 11:04 AM
I didn't clock many hours in the PP $200 i moved sites instead because party's $200 always seemed tight and dull. Anyhow, i'd turn the aggression down for Party. This might not be the case for the $200 though.

BigBiceps
03-25-2004, 12:51 PM
Here's how I would play these hands. Of course everyone plays differently, but the way I would have played would lose less in all 3 hands.

hand 1: fold preflop
hand 2: fold on the flop
hand 3: check and call the turn if bet is small, otherwise check and fold.

tewall
03-25-2004, 01:38 PM
On hand 1, given you have a read that opp can't take heat, why not raise right away on the flop? You were apparently thinking of waiting for a scare card on the turn, but you don't need one, since you are representing a hand that already beats his without help.

Regarding the over-analysis, I think you are giving your opponents too much credit.