PDA

View Full Version : Respect

04-06-2002, 04:10 PM
Got my income tax return so I headed to Diamond Lils outside Seattle for my first live poker action in a while. Game is 4-8 Hold 'Em.

I get my first hand in the cut-off and fold every hand until the blinds. Both my blinds are raised and I fold. Guess there is no hiding my tightness. Round 2, fold every hand again. Blind time: both raised, both folded.

UTG on Round 3: AA--I can play this. My first thought "Well, I am going to raise it up and everyone will probably drop because I haven't even played a hand yet".

I raise: EVERYONE CALLS.

And my hand is good.

I love low limit hold 'em.

KJS

04-06-2002, 04:55 PM
10-20 game last night. I'm playing fairly tight, unimaginative poker with a few headsup postflop exceptions. I've been raising preflop with strictly grade A stuff.

I raise UTG with JJ. I get 3 cold callers.

Kid next to me says: "So much for respect."

I say: "Who in the world wants respect?" as I look at the 3-3-4 flop.

My hand was, of course, good.

I posted a hand here once where I raised UTG with KK in a live 10-20 Mirage game and got cold called by the field, similar to your AA hand. It can happen at any limit!

04-06-2002, 05:41 PM
Played some 4 8 at canterbury last night. Got a lot of cold cards, in 5 hours of play the good hands I got were: AK x1, AQ x1, AA x1.. and that's about it. The table is essentially pulse dead, blinds were being chopped constently despite some people trying to liven it up with some straddles, and I never even got a stealable hand.

Near the end of the night I'm dealt 88 in EP and open raise. Someone says "uh oh, that guy's in a hand". Its folded to the big blind who calls.

Flop is J high with rags. Check bet call. Turn is an 8, check bet call. River is a blank, check bet call. Somebody makes a comment to the blind, and he says "well I had a jack.."

Funniest hand though was I get AdKd in the big blind early on. I watch in horror as its folded through. Guy in the small looks at his cards, looks at me, looks back at his cards and says, "Do you chop?". I say yeah, and he flips over KK. Hah.

Still dunno how I won 4 bets even. Last hand of the night I'm at exactly even and perfecting my chip stonehenge. I toss in 4 chips behind a few limpers with Ad2d. Flop comes with 2 dimes, decent playing guy in the blind bets and all the limpers call, I raise and all call. Turn is a blank, guy looks at me and says "I don't think the dimes are coming" and bets, and I say "Really?" and call. River is a dime, he checks, I bet, he says "here I'll pay you off" and tosses in his chips. I say "Thanks Mister!", flip over my cards and rack up.

Worst hand of the night though was I limp in behind a few with QTs. SB raises and all call. Flop comes A Q x, SB bets, I raise, everyone else folds and he calls. Turn is a blank, check bet call. River is a blank, check check and he flips over pocket kings, ARGH! I just knew he had a PP less than aces and assumed he'd drop it on the turn. Blehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

04-06-2002, 09:38 PM
Guy comes on PP 1/2 tables bragging about playing no-limit. Says he's got lots of practice. So I wonder because PP has just got not limit. "where'd ya get it". Says he plays IRC for play money and they play for respect. LOL. I say I'd much rather buy my respect with my winnings.

04-06-2002, 11:32 PM
Respect vs Money.....I prefer the later...

04-07-2002, 11:41 AM
when is racing season at canterbury???..are the games better then???gl