PDA

View Full Version : Notes on players??

Leave_it_2_Beav
03-25-2004, 01:09 AM
What type of notes do you take on your opponents? With many people on PP coming and going so frequently, is it worth it? If so, what are some helpful tips on taking beneficial notes? Cheers

_Beav

slavic
03-25-2004, 01:46 AM
I normally drop in quick notes on play I see.

So something like.

Overvalues small pockets and suited connectors preflop
3 bet with KQo
Likes to Semibluff the turn
Seems to be smoking crack rock. <---- Party specific

jasonHoldEm
03-25-2004, 03:39 AM
Read this thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=inet&Number=464069&fpart=1 &PHPSESSID=)

check out this site (which I'm not affiliated with, blah, blah, blah) (http://teamfu.freeshell.org/player_notes.html)

sfer
03-25-2004, 10:53 AM
It's worth it. It helps when a player you've had experience with but don't necessarily remember sits down. If someone is solid, I want to have to learn that only once. Same if I've previously pegged someone as loose/passive and they checkraise me. Also, I actively seek out several bad players on Party every time I log on.

arkady
03-25-2004, 12:27 PM
slavic,

lol, the last one was hillarious. similar reply to beaver was on his first post, where the guy said "it gets confusing, i just keep writing fish, bigger fish, massive fish"

its funny, because its true. I would to love write paragraphs on each play, but then I realize - omg, some of these people are clueless.

btw, i play on absolute and party is more of an aquarium.

Bob T.
03-25-2004, 03:21 PM
In addition to the stuff above, there is a trick that someone else gave me. Everytime I play with someone, just put a period in the first line. That way, if you have played with someone a half dozen times, and they haven't done anything else noteworthy, you know that they probably aren't too far out of line.

Good luck,
play well,

Bob T.

Vee Quiva
03-25-2004, 03:33 PM
I usually start with putting in any really bad starting cards I have seen them play. I will also note if they will play any Ace or any two suited. I also like to try and make a note of which hands they will reraise pre flop with if you get lucky enough to see it. Its also probably good to note if you have folded to a raise a couple of times in a row to the same guy, since he will probably note you as weak-tight.

sfer
03-25-2004, 03:37 PM
This goes into production immediately. Thank you Bob.