PDA

View Full Version : Too Aggressive?

Buckshot
03-25-2004, 12:25 AM
Party 15-30, short handed table of 10. There are currently 6 players. The table has been loose and passive until this hand.

I open raised with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif in the cutoff and the button 3 bet. The blinds folded and I called.

FLOP: 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I checked, button bet, I raised, button called.

TURN: 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet, button called.

RIVER: J/images/graemlins/club.gif

I bet, button called. Comments?

~stephen

AJo Go All In
03-25-2004, 01:02 AM
i like a bet/3bet on the flop rather than a check-raise. reason being, when you check-raise that flop you are representing exactly what you have, which is never a good idea. easy bet on the river.

Steve Giufre
03-25-2004, 01:21 AM
I'm not sure how much it matters if you decide to lead out or go for a checkraise. Obviously with this draw, and the possiblity or your oppenent holding a bigger ace, you have to make some sort of move here.

Nomar
03-25-2004, 02:03 AM
In this party situation I would cap it preflop 100% of the time.

AJo Go All In
03-25-2004, 02:57 AM
we would like him to lay down an AK here for us if we miss. i think check-raising the flop heads up looks like a draw here, and AK is more likely to call us down. but this is just from my experience, and it may not matter too much.

Nightwish
03-25-2004, 07:19 PM
Played perfectly. Button has AK/AQ or a baby pair. You win.