PDA

View Full Version : OK, *NOW* I've Heard Everything - 9/11 Content

Bill Murphy
03-24-2004, 08:54 PM
Testifying yesterday before the 9/11 Commission, Dep. Sec. of State Richard Armitage on why we didn't aid the Northern Alliance more in their fight against the Taliban pre-9/11:

"It's not sufficient to be the enemy of our enemy to be our friend. To be our friend you have to share or be willing to at least embrace to some extent our values."

[waits for the laughter to die down; offers Depends to Chris Alger & John Cole]

A-HA! Sooo, lemme see, Osama SHARED our values in 1978-9, but no longer does! Saddam embraced our values while using chemical weapons against Iran & the Kurds during the 1980's, but then abandoned them in 1991!

And of course, US soldiers cutting Ol' Glory off their uniforms during Gulf War I reflected, "to some extent", the values of the Bush & Saud families; indeed, even those of America itself.

Mother of all God. Sounds like he actually believes it, too. "Friend of my enemy is my friend" has been the sole basis and practice of American & European policy towards the Middle East since the end of WWII(insofar as it keeps the Umma flowing).

Saudi Arabia shares, or at least embraces to some extent, American values; HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!

Alright, I'll let others elaborate from here.

andyfox
03-24-2004, 11:28 PM
"It's not sufficient to be the enemy of our enemy to be our friend. To be our friend you have to share or be willing to at least embrace to some extent our values."

He apparently missed World War II.