PDA

View Full Version : Rate my JJ play

Ferris Bueller
03-24-2004, 07:28 PM
Conditions: I just sat down at the table and have never played with any of the players involved.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.stompandcrush.com/cgi-bin/hhparser.cgi)

Preflop: Ferris is UTG+2 with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Ferris raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">Ferris caps</font>, MP1 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (17 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Ferris calls, MP1 calls, Button calls.

Should I have raised here to see if the SB 3-bets?

I don't raise because I want him betting, not checking, into me on the turn so I can raise him when the bets are doubled. Is this flawed thinking?

I'm not at this time worried about the other 2 since the flop came up rainbow with one possible straight draw. Should I be worried about drawers?

I know he could have QQ since he raised pre-flop but I'm not going to see monster under my bed. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif A week ago I would have called this down on the Turn and River for fear of looking stupid if someone has QQ.

Turn: (10.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Ferris raises</font>, MP1 folds, Button folds, SB calls.

River: (14.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Ferris raises</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 18.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 18.50 BB, between SB and Ferris.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Ferris (18.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows Kh Kc (one pair, kings).
Ferris shows Jc Js (three of a kind, jacks).
Outcome: Ferris wins 18.50 BB. </font>

Thanks all,
Ferris

bisonbison
03-24-2004, 07:34 PM
looks good. There's nothing more annoying when you want to build a big pot than a bettor directly to your right, but I'd play it the same way.

Blindfolk
03-24-2004, 09:48 PM
I think calling on the flop is a good idea. Yeah, he might have QQ but betting on the flop might mean he has AA, KK, AQ. He seems like a competent player, so your call probably has him thinking that you have a pair of queens (top pair on the board, but beaten by his KK). Raising on the flop might make him put you on a 3 of a kind.