PDA

View Full Version : Correct to slow down?

hokke
03-24-2004, 07:07 PM
Any opinions on this hand? I'm struggling to get more agressive on the turn & river, but most of the time I find myself just calling if I don't have a monster. I really don't know if I should have played this more agressively or if it was OK.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed)
No good reads, but SB is pretty tight and CO is very loose.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG folds, Hero raises, MP1 calls, MP2 3-bets, CO (poster) calls, Button caps, SB calls, BB folds, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (25 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB bets, Hero raises, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB 3-bets, Hero calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button folds.

Turn: (19.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB bets, Hero calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

River: (23.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB bets, Hero calls, MP2 folds, CO folds.

Final Pot: 25.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows Qd Qc (one pair, queens).
Hero shows Th Jh (two pair, jacks and tens).
Outcome: Hero wins 25.50 BB. </font>

spamuell
03-24-2004, 07:11 PM
Limp pre-flop (you want callers and you want to get in cheap).

Cap the flop or just call the 3-bet and raise the turn (you're highly likely to be ahead).