PDA

View Full Version : Tipping

scottvt98
03-24-2004, 06:43 PM
I'm going to AC this weekend and will be mostly playing poker while I'm up there. I usually play low limit( 3-6) and I have a question about tipping. How much to people here usually tip the dealers? Do you have a set amount per pot won? Or do you tip before the dealer changes, with the amount depending on their quality? I'm just looking to see what the views of the group are on this. I usually tip about $1 a pot at this level but I don't know how this rates with everyone else. I don't want to seem cheap but I also don't want to cut unnecessarily into my profits (which at this level the rake does a good enough job /images/graemlins/mad.gif).

Thanks in advance,
Scott

eh923
03-24-2004, 06:48 PM
$1 a hand is fine. If the pot is small (3 BB or less), I normally tip $.50 (ask them to chop a $1). Tell anyone at the table who calls you cheap to $%*& off.

bernie
03-24-2004, 06:57 PM
Generally, I only tip if the pot exceeds $30. OR if i take 2 small pots that equal $30+.

If it's a monster pot, i may tip $2.

If you're consistent with this, i've found the dealers tend to respect ya a little more. If they dont, screw em. They're not supplying your roll and they're making more than anyone else at the table per hour.

b