PDA

View Full Version : Milking the flopped nuts

Glurfle
03-24-2004, 05:16 PM
Don't know if there's much to discuss here, but I sure as hell enjoyed playing this hand.

Mandalay Bay 4/8, blinds are 1 and 2. People of note in this hand are UTG, who is pretty tight and aggressive but tends to slow down a bit on the turn. He's my roommate, so I have a pretty good line on his play. CO is too loose but not very aggressive preflop, and tends to call down any piece of the board. Button is new to the table and appears to be reasonable for the orbit or so she's been there. UTG referred to this game as "a wet dream". It was truly amazing what people were willing to call to the river with, and I was guaranteed to get paid off if I hit my hand.

Preflop: UTG limps, EP, MP limp, I limp from MP3 with 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, CO raises (likely a big pair), button cold-calls 2, BB calls, everyone else calls. 7 to the flop for 11 SB.

Flop: 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Well, that was nice.
BB bets, UTG calls, EP calls, MP folds, I call looking to reraise the preflop raiser, CO raises on schedule, button 3-bets, BB folds, UTG calls 2 (he has something big here, or 98s) EP folds, MP calls 2, I call 2 with visions of check-raising a huge field on the turn, CO calls. 5 to the turn for 14 BB.

Turn: J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Whee-ha. Doesn't pair the board, and gives me some freeroll outs. Checked around to button who bets, now UTG check-raises (almost certainly a set), MP calls 2, I 3-bet, CO folds (later says he had TT, and I believe him), button 4-bets (right about here I think I must be freerolling the same straight with my flush draw), UTG calls, we lose MP, I 5-bet/cap, button calls, UTG calls. 3 to the river for 31 BB.

River: 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif Both call my bet, and I'm still stacking chips 3 hands later. UTG had 33, button didn't show. I can only assume a higher set if she's sane. UTG admitted later that he didn't even see the straight until there was so much in the pot that he was committed to calling down, and that he thought there was a good chance that he was drawing to one out for the high hand bonus. Biggest pot I've ever won in terms of number of chips, although I've won a couple 40BB pots at 2/4. It was kind of surreal seeing 10 stacks of 4 chips each in front of me representing my turn cap. Fun, though. By the way, the Mandalay sports book and poker room were a total zoo, but the games were absolutely great. I might drive up this weekend for more of that action.