PDA

View Full Version : Bummer deluxe!!

webiggy
03-24-2004, 05:01 PM
Do you ever find yourself thinking you flopped the nuts, when in fact you didn't. You have alot of players in the pot so sandbagging sounds like the optimal play? Well guess what..?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, Hero calls, Button raises, SB calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, Button bets, SB calls, UTG+1 raises, Hero calls, Button calls, SB folds.

Turn: (8 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 bets, Hero raises, Button folds, UTG+1 calls.

River: (12 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 bets, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 14 BB, between Hero and UTG+1.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by UTG+1 (14 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG+1 shows 5s Ks (full house, sixes full of kings).
Hero shows 5d 5c (full house, sixes full of fives).
Outcome: UTG+1 wins 14 BB. </font>

mmanne
03-24-2004, 05:11 PM
"You have alot of players in the pot so sandbagging sounds like the optimal play?"

I think that is the perfect reason NOT to sandbag. I only slowplay, when I flop a monster AND there's no one (or no money) in.

J.R.
03-24-2004, 05:13 PM
I would cap the flop. The turn raise is good even though your hand got counterfitted because you drive out the buttons likely overcards, but you have to be prepared to fold to a 3-bet. Ugly river bet but I suppose you have to call as there is little reason to fear the K (a 6 is more likely).

Joe Tall
03-24-2004, 05:19 PM
Not betting this flop with only one to act behind you will cost you money. Having it checked through would be terrible.

I think you have to call the turn once the 6 comes off as any Pocket pair greater than 4s has you beat as you've now been counterfieted.

Peace,
Joe Tall