PDA

View Full Version : How bad a mistake?

04-05-2002, 05:16 AM
4-8 game blinds 1-2. I'm in big blind($2) with AdQs. Two early Position limpers, tight Mid position raises two late position calls and before I can stop my hand it calls. He craves action and its difficult for me to stop him at times. I've never even seen the tight player raise with AK so this is a horrible call. Two early limpers call. 6 see the flop kxx, two diamonds. Horrible flop, two EP check TP bets, two LP call, I decide to call and bet turn if diamond comes, I have Ad. Two EP call, 6 see turn. I think its a bad call by me. What could the 4 check callers be drawing to? The turn is a diamond and I fire, all fold. I was suprised at how fast tight folded, he might of had QQ. As for the 4 callers who knows.

Its plays like this that keep me a small winner in easy games.

04-05-2002, 08:30 AM
Well if you are really sure that this guy only raises big hands then your fold is real easy, for several reasons, and so is the fold on the flop. Drawing to runner runner and having an overcard that may easily be no good is pretty bad poker. Oh well at least the turn bet worked, but in my experience at low limit games betting into 5 opponents on a semi bluff especially with a flop that very likely hit at least one opponent seems like way too big a longshot to me. In a game against better opponents it would be different though.

Kris

04-05-2002, 09:27 PM
This is a much easier preflop fold with that blind structure. That said, as long as you are careful, calling in your BB with AQ isn't gonna be wrong too often.

On the flop, your call is horrible unless you have reason to believe that your ace is good. The runner runner flush is about a 2 outer, so your 5 outs give you enough to make a call with the pot laying you roughly 12-1. But you really need to think that any ace is an out.

I actually like the turn semibluff. You are river bound anyways. Betting into a large field in a large pot is an awful strong representation of a made baby flush. Remember to think about what your bet looks like to them. Makes it tough for anyone without a flush, AK, 2 pair or a set to call.