PDA

View Full Version : AQo in BB

04-05-2002, 04:07 AM
3-6

5 limpers, SB completes, i check in BB with AQo. anyone raise it up here? i probably check it about 75% of the time.

flop: Ks Qd 4d

SB checks, i check, checked to LP who bets, sb folds, i call, MP calls.

3 players. turn: Kh

checked to LP, i checkraise, MP calls two cold, LP calls.

river: 8h

i bet. comments?? results and thoughts to follow.

04-05-2002, 04:16 AM
MP folded and LP called with QJs.

my play on this hand was inspired by advice from Clarkmeister who said in one of my previous posts that he thought it was a good idea to checkraise a LP bettor with middle pair top-kicker (something i failed to do in that case).

i actually wasn't going to do it here either, however, until the K hit the turn, reinforcing my notion that LP was betting a weaker Q.

also, since MP didn't checkraise either, i didn't put him on a K and instead thought he was on a flush draw.

04-05-2002, 06:50 AM
"5 limpers, SB completes, i check in BB with AQo. anyone raise it up here? i probably check it about 75% of the time."

I would check most every time. The exception would be against terrible players who play any two cards.

"flop: Ks Qd 4d

SB checks, i check, checked to LP who bets, sb folds, i call, MP calls."

I would have bet the flop. However, given that you checked I would consider a check raise.

"3 players. turn: Kh

checked to LP, i checkraise, MP calls two cold, LP calls."

Your play is fine, but you could be against a king. The player who calls two cold appears to be on a draw.

river: 8h

i bet. comments?? results and thoughts to follow.

This bet might be right depending on how often you think they will call with a weaker hand.

04-05-2002, 09:19 PM
Limping preflop is fine. I would've checkraised the flop. You made way more money on it than I would've by waiting til the turn. Nice job. /images/smile.gif