PDA

View Full Version : Party WPT Sat

ric2020
03-24-2004, 02:18 PM
Your views on the following appreciated.

50 left in the $300 WPT Sat on Party, 4 qualify.

Blinds 400/800 average stack t8000

I've T4500 and just moved to a new table. In BB with K9 off 2 limpers, SB folds. I thought about a raise to steal it but both limpers had bigger stacks than me (t5000, t13000) and as i had just moved decided to check.

Flop 993. Great i thought. Check, check, t1000, I raise t2000. Fold, allin. Hard to put down now as half my stack is in and having just moved to the table was unsure about this guys play. Maybe overPair?, but no raise preflop!, maybe A9?

With Party bleeping at me I called, and he had 33.

In hindsight maybe this was a fold i could of made, as he would of needed to assume that maybe I had a nine, and I had check raised him, representing it. So what was I beatting. 9T!!

Also my chips would of still dinted his stack quite a bit, so very unlikely he would bluff it twice?

I am using hindsight too much, or was a fold here a move one of you pro's could of made?

Greg (FossilMan)
03-24-2004, 04:48 PM
The money isn't deep enough for you to ever get away from this hand on this flop. If you fold here at any time, you're psychic or WAY too weak-tight to have any real chance at winning. Look at what hands are beating you right now. A9, 33, and 93. What player is so rock-tight that you can fold to him postflop, and yet he would ever limp with one of these hands preflop? None I know of. Get it all in and be glad, as you'll usually be WAY ahead.

later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)