PDA

View Full Version : Huge Jump

sthief09
03-24-2004, 02:15 PM
Lately I've been playing 1/2, trying to build up my bankroll. But today I decided to sit down and play 5/10. I think I'm good enough (but we'll find that out), and I've played a decent amount of 3/6 online, so I figured what the hell. I've been catching some cards (understatement) and I'm up 23 BB in my first 58 hands /images/graemlins/grin.gif I was really lucky to get a soft seat and some good cards.

But I have a question about a hand. I was against two very loose and very passive players who don't try to trap, and I think that should've encourage me to bet the turn, since there was little fear of a check-raise. Here's the hand:

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.stompandcrush.com/cgi-bin/hhparser.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $5.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, MP3 folds, CO calls.

Turn: (6 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, CO checks, Hero checks.

River: (6 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, CO checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 6 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 6 BB, between Hero, SB and CO.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Split: Hero (2 BB), SB (2 BB), CO (2 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows Th 8h (flush, queen high).
CO shows 6h Js (flush, queen high).
Hero shows Jc 9c (flush, queen high).
Outcome: Hero wins 2 BB. SB wins 2 BB. CO wins 2 BB. </font>

Should I at least have bet the river?

Bob T.
03-24-2004, 03:49 PM
I don't think that you can go wrong by betting the turn, you improve your chances of winning the whole, or a bigger share of the pot, and if you get checkraised, I don't think you have to invest another bet in the pot.

Good luck,
play well,

Bob T.