PDA

View Full Version : 5-10 holdem hand, how should i play this hand?

maxpowers21
03-24-2004, 02:05 PM
This is a hand i lost a lot of money in, that i probably should have got away from, but I'd like some feedback on what I should've pegged my opponet on or done differently.
5-10 holdem, party poker.
I post in the cutoff. No proir knowledge on any players at the table.
1st and 2nd positions call preflop. player in late position (6th) raises. I call with K /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif blinds fold 4 players see flop for 2 bets.
Flop is :6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Raiser bets, I raise. 1st position calls cold. preflop raiser re-raises. I call, 1st position calls.
Im thinking he has AA or KK or AQ most likely hands he has
maybe shouldve folded to re-raise? but pot odds were very good. thoughts?
turn: K /images/graemlins/club.gif.
he bets, i raise. 1st position calls cold again, i get re-raised again. (Not feeling good about top two pair here.)
I call 1st position calls for 3 bets.
River: 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. He bets I call. 1st position folds??? no clue what he was drawing to.

he had JJ. was wondering where my mistake(s) were. I'm thinking i shouldve folded to the re-raise on the turn. I thought he couldve had aces at that point though.
Thoughts?

pudley4
03-24-2004, 02:48 PM
looks fine to me.

Questions about specific hands should go in the appropriate "stakes" forum (microlimit: 1/2 and under; small stakes: 2/4 to about 6/12; med-high stakes :everything above 6/12)

1800GAMBLER
03-24-2004, 02:50 PM
I don't play limit but i don't think you can fold the turn here because of the size of the pot, due to the chances you are ahead plus the chances you suckout JJ.