PDA

View Full Version : Matt: It's Time For a Bad Beat Forum

SammyB
03-24-2004, 11:21 AM
Everyone hates reading them but they still crop up in every forum. Let's take the whole lot of them and tuck them away where all the battle scarred can wallow in everyone else's misery. I hear it loves company. So, let's have a "Bad Beat" forum for all those tales of woe and unclog the other forums for poker content.

Al_Capone_Junior
03-24-2004, 11:45 AM
Once...

I had pocket AA

and they lost!!!!!!

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

that @#$%@#$^% #$%^&#$%& $%^&*$%*^ @#$%@ #$&$%*$# dealer really screwed me the hell over!

Seriously tho, the bad beat forum would probably be SO popular as to force the cheezes to upgrade their hardware almost every week.

al

NutCrackerr
03-24-2004, 12:08 PM
How about a trip report forum while you're at it. I'm very dissappointed that there has only been one trip report from the PPMIII cruise. C'mon people, let's hear your stories!

LetsRock
03-24-2004, 12:19 PM
- Poker Bot forum
- On-line is rigged forum
- Granny Mae Forum
- Spam Forum
- Poker Chip Help Forum
- How do I get out of my Funk? Fourm
- We need more Forums Forum

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Gamblor
03-24-2004, 01:07 PM
I actually like the Trip Report Forum idea.

Homer
03-24-2004, 01:21 PM
How about an ironical "There are too many forums" forum.

-- Homer

EDIT: Is ironical a word?

SammyB
03-24-2004, 02:55 PM
No, but irony is, if you're looking for a noun for ironic.

Rushmore
03-24-2004, 05:30 PM
Homer said: "Is ironical a word?"

SammyB said: "No, but irony is, if you're looking for a noun for ironic."

This is quite possibly the most ironic statement ever made; I only hope it was intended to be so.

I mean, we couldn't really have thought that the quasi-word "ironical" was intended as a noun, I'm sure.

Therefore, kudos for the most subtly self-referential irony ever utilized at 2+2.

SammyB
03-25-2004, 09:53 AM
Hold your applause. I'm not certain my intentions measure up to your praise. Here's what I was thinking. We have the word "irony", which is a noun. Then we have the adjective form "ironic" which came into overuse once Alanis got her bitter little hands on it. Now, the poster I was lampooning already knew of the word "ironic" or how could he have come up with "ironical". However, he probably had little knowledge that "ironic" was already an adjective or he wouldn't have tried to make it into an adjective by using the suffix "-al" which turns "comic" into "comical". So, I figured he must have been lookling for a noun because he already had an adjective and that's how my post came about. If that's what you thought was so subtle, well, I appreciate the kudos and will treasure them for all my days.

Rushmore
03-25-2004, 12:00 PM
I now have a clearer view of your intent, and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Or should it be intention?

DVO
03-26-2004, 01:44 AM
I have a headache.

ZeeJustin
03-26-2004, 04:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
EDIT: Is ironical a word?

[/ QUOTE ] No, but irony is, if you're looking for a noun for ironic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ironically enough, ironical is a word.