PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with the SS forum?

Gamblor
03-24-2004, 10:58 AM
Everyone used to be so mean to everyone and it helped their games.

Now everyone is nice.

What gives?

spamuell
03-24-2004, 11:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Now everyone is nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you posting this stupid OT crap? Go back to the other topics forum or N, V & G and post this rubbish where it belongs. What sort of moron are you? This type of idiotic post isn't going to help anyone's game.

Better? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

mmanne
03-24-2004, 11:09 AM
Actually, I don't think this is a moronic post at all. I've only been posting/lurking for around a year, but I find that people aren't as brutally honest as they used to be. Have the regular posters changed their style? Stopped posting?

sthief09
03-24-2004, 11:33 AM
It was a joke. He was being mean because the original poster said that no one is mean anymore.

dirty_dan
03-24-2004, 12:23 PM
What's this joke thing you mention?

Homer
03-24-2004, 01:11 PM

Good times.

Now everyone is nice.

Actually, I'm much less nice now. I don't mince words as much as I used to.

What gives?

There are a lot of new posters, and the older ones don't post as much anymore. This is a new generation of the SS forum. Soon, a select few will assert themselves as the leaders, and will begin to bash the play of the others. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

-- Homer

ElSapo
03-24-2004, 01:20 PM
Soon, a select few will assert themselves as the leaders, and will begin to bash the play of the others.

Homer, I think this is actually true though you may (or maybe not) have meant it as a joke. I can see about three groups of posters now. The most experienced ones who have been around the longest, the newest posters, and a group in the middle who are beginning to gain a fair amount of experience both playing and posting.

I think the next six months to a year on this board will be interesting. I'd also hope that some of the most experienced posters don't stop posting and responding, despite the influx of new posters coming in with questions that have been asked and answered many times.

ElSapo

Homer
03-24-2004, 01:23 PM
I was serious, but put a smiley because I find the whole thing funny for some reason. /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

-- scalf wannabe

ElSapo
03-24-2004, 01:29 PM
I was serious, but put a smiley because I find the whole thing funny for some reason.

I feel about those smilies the same way you feel about "LOL." However, in the last couple of months I've found myself inserting them into my posts...
/images/graemlins/confused.gif

ElSapo

Styles
03-24-2004, 01:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Now everyone is nice.

What gives?

[/ QUOTE ]

The games are getting tighter and we are not giving you any more edges.

BTW I love you man! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

JDErickson
03-24-2004, 01:38 PM
Being brutally honest is one thing. We all have things to learn and being told we played a hand badly will help us learn.

That being said there is a difference between brutally honest and being antagonistic.

I try to give a fair opinion on the hand and leave out the antagonism. Nothing wrong with telling someone they misplayed every street. But no reason to be a jerk about it.

Jim