PDA

View Full Version : Celebrity Poker, new host, now 2 hours

eMarkM
03-24-2004, 10:56 AM
Celebrity Poker (http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271%7C86980%7C1%7C,00.html), a show many of the regulars here hate, is expanding to two hours. New host, too. Personally, I had fun with the show and took it for what it was; a not so serious game with celebs hamming it up. But two hours? Seems too long to me, I know I was getting pretty bored with last year's 2 hour finale.

John Deere
03-24-2004, 01:47 PM
The only good thing about this show was David Cross being funny.

I don't want to see these idiots playing poker any more than I would want to see them play basketball. Or any more than I would want to see Howard Lederer appear on MAD TV.

wayabvpar
03-24-2004, 04:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"I am excited to be working with Bravo and 'Celebrity Poker,'" Foley says. "I wanted to be on 'Queer Eye for the Straight Guy,' but apparently I did not meet the requirements for either category."

[/ QUOTE ]

Great line!

I don't mind watching celebs play bad poker. It beats the hell out of watching them act in terribly written sitcoms, or watching nobodies sell their self-respect for their 15 minutes on reality shows.

Rushmore
03-24-2004, 06:54 PM
The only way I'm watching Celebrity Poker Showdown is if it is co-hosted by the girl who played Kelly on 90210, naked, with Zena, Warrior Princess, also naked, and they hate each other real bad, but are really attracted to each other.

MicroBob
03-24-2004, 08:47 PM
my apartment was rigged for free-cable before i got here and Bravo is not part of the package. the first time i saw the show i was visiting my Dad in florida. almost makes me glad that i don't get bravo....because watching this show was like driving slow past a car-wreck.
although i did like Michael-Ian Black and Jack Black (the funnier guys were named Black...weird) and I actually didn't think Kevin Pollack was that bad considering the kind of show they are doing. although he needed to lose the hat.

I was a big Kids in the Hall fan and if Dave Foley's presence brings a reunion of the Canadian Comic Troupe to the poker table then I would be all for it and would have to have someone tape the show for me.

also remember, the more exposure poker gets on the tube the better it is for the fish-ratio in our games. i've had several people mention the west-wing poker-episode (was this on bravo or NBC??) and other celeb-poker shows they saw. they have no idea what they are watching....but they enjoy the shows.

sure is a lot better then the 5 minutes of Celbrity-Mole i saw last week with Kathy Griffin, Bobby or Billy or Bucky Baldwin (i forget), Corbin Bernsen and others.
i don't even understand the point of that show ("he sat in the back of the room....i think he's GOT to be the mole"...huh??)

thewarden
03-25-2004, 09:29 AM
I only caught one or two episodes of it but it was sort of like watching the Special Olympics--they're trying to do the things the big boys and girls do, but it's just kind of sad. I had to turn it off. I thought David Cross was hilarious, though, made me watch it just to see what he'd say next. As for Kevin Pollak, I will not miss his cornball presence--he and Phil Gordon made me pine for the witty banter of a test tone signal.

DanTheCardMan
03-25-2004, 09:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The only way I'm watching Celebrity Poker Showdown is if it is co-hosted by the girl who played Kelly on 90210, naked, with Zena, Warrior Princess, also naked, and they hate each other real bad, but are really attracted to each other.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean in real life or in your head, late at night, when you've got a towel in one hand and...Oh, never mind. *ahem*

Rushmore
03-25-2004, 09:53 AM
No. I meant it more in a "man, that show is so bad it would take something truly remarkable for me to watch it" sort of way.

I suppose evoking images of auto-eroticism was inevitable, given the nature of the particular diversion I chose.

Next time, I will say something about something else instead, to avoid the shame and embarrassment that you have caused me by uncovering my now-very-public propensity for self-abuse.

MCS
03-27-2004, 03:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
it was sort of like watching the Special Olympics--they're trying to do the things the big boys and girls do, but it's just kind of sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I went to the Special Olympics World Games and it was amazing. There are some great athletes there.

felson
03-27-2004, 03:29 PM
my now-very-public propensity for self-abuse

or self-love.