PDA

View Full Version : How do you play a PP?

04-04-2002, 01:56 PM
TP 1/2 new to the table, a couple of familiar faces.

sitting in MP get dealt JhJc

UTG calls, 2 fold, I raise, 2 LP callers (1 all-in, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop = 2hThKd

UTG checks, I bet, LP + BB fold, UTG calls

Turn = Kc

UTG checks, I check

River = 3s

UTG bets, I fold.

Show-and-tell with All-in.

Results to come...

04-04-2002, 02:17 PM
If you are going to check the turn, I think calling the river is mandatory. If I were in the hand, I would actually like the second king. It reduces the chances that your single opponent has one. Keep betting on the turn, and use your knowledge of your opponent to help yourself deal with it if he checkraises you. Note that many players are less likely to checkraise buff with paired kings on the board than with a lower paired card because AK and KQ are such common preflop raising hands.

04-04-2002, 02:34 PM
I do not like the laydown on the river at all.

04-04-2002, 02:54 PM
I'm with Clarkmeister. If you're going to check the turn, then you need to call on the river. By checking the turn you have invited someone to bluff you with a worse hand.

This is not to say that you're opponent cannot have what he is representing, but you need to be pretty sure that you are beat. Let me ask you a question, would you have thrown away AA??

Better luck next time.

04-04-2002, 03:07 PM
If you were going to fold, the time to do it would be on the flop. Just check and fold. Once you make the decision to play the hand, you have to stick with it. Your play was inconsistent.

If you bet the turn, you might win the pot if the opponent folds. If you don't bet, then when you're opponent bets on the river, you have to call because he could be bluffing. If you bet on the turn, you can always check if he checks on the river, and it still only costs 1 bet. If it's going to cost one bet any, you might as well be the aggressor.

04-05-2002, 03:45 AM