PDA

View Full Version : Study Group for big bet poker

lunchmeat
03-24-2004, 10:26 AM
I was wondering if any other 2+2ers would be interested in forming a study group for the literature on big bet poker. I learned to play limit by studying the books by myself, and it worked out pretty well /images/graemlins/grin.gif. This time around I'd like to do the same thing, but also discuss the material with a group that has been studying the same material.

I consider myself to be a pretty good limit player, but I have almost no knowledge of the strategy of big bet poker outside general poker concepts. The study group would probably work best with people at approximately the same level as me, but as far as I'm concerned anyone who wants to participate is welcome.

From what I've heard, the books to study are: "Pot Limit and No Limit Poker" by Ciaffone and Rueben, and to a lesser extent the No Limit Hold 'Em chapter of Super System.

If anyone's interested, feel free to send me a PM or reply to this post so we can work out the details.

MrBlini
03-26-2004, 03:17 PM
I'd be interested in an informal group, an ongoing thread.

I'm ordering the Ciaffone book today. I have been playing small buy-in NL with success and wish to improve my game, or even just get a real game.

Scottnyce
03-26-2004, 06:28 PM
I just started getting into Pot Limit and would def like the oppurtunity to learn with ppl on the same curve as me.

Miah
03-26-2004, 11:59 PM
I'm interested as well!

JohnG
03-27-2004, 11:35 AM
Add 'Improve your poker' by Ciaffone to the list of books to study.

Study supersystem last of the 3.

me454555
03-27-2004, 04:39 PM
count me in too

Ragpicker
03-29-2004, 08:50 AM
Perfect timing. Just started with Ciaffone and I have the rest. Sign me up.

Paddy
03-29-2004, 11:51 AM
I'd like to participate. I've read and re-read both of Ciaffone's books, and the no limit holdem section of Helmuths book as well. I'll be picking up McEvoy/Daugherty's No-Limit Texas Hold'em: The New Players Guide to Winning Poker's Biggest Game (need abbr.!) later this week. I hear it's good for beginners.

dasani
03-30-2004, 09:54 AM
I am new to the forum, but I would definitely be interested.

Scottnyce
03-30-2004, 12:35 PM
Would everyone be interested in Playing a private table one night.....say a $25PL table on Party/Empire, we can all go over the and history and discuss the play.

I don't have the books yet I plan on hitting up Barnes and Noble today after work....

Stew
03-30-2004, 06:52 PM
I'm interested and have read said literature a couple of times.

BradleyT
03-31-2004, 12:30 PM
Sounds like an excellent plan. How about we do a membership (free) website for the group?