PDA

View Full Version : Limper Capping Pre Flop

daveymck
03-24-2004, 08:48 AM
One area where I feel I am unsure about is when a early position limper caps pre flop. Ie what range of hands should I be looking to put them on.

I am at work so dont have the hand history but for example.

Party 3/6 I am in Middle Position with KK a limp and a raise by time it gets to me I three bet and the EP limper Caps.

3 to the flop which comes ace high with rags, EP bets EP1 calls, what would be your action?

I havent given a read but how would you proceed if the player had loose pre flop raising standards or if has tight raising standards?

The last time this happened the limper had raised to cap with 77 which had left me confused.

Sorry its not as specific as people normally like but its a general guideline I am looking for.

sthief09
03-24-2004, 08:51 AM
A good player probably won't do this unless he has AA or KK, or QQ at an aggressive table.

I often see LAG players do this. It's almost as if they are spiteful that someone would raise their limp. But the one trend I HAVE noticed is that they always do it with pocket pairs. So if the player is representing aces, then he either flopped a low set or has AA. If the player is playing somewhat weakly, then I wouldn't be surprised if he just made a LAG play and it failed.

spamuell
03-24-2004, 10:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I often see LAG players do this. It's almost as if they are spiteful that someone would raise their limp. But the one trend I HAVE noticed is that they always do it with pocket pairs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have seen many LAG players do the same thing with hands like 76s as well as pocket pairs, for spiteful reasons probably as you said.

Jim Easton
03-24-2004, 10:22 AM
If a solid player does it, look for AA, KK or AKs. At Party 2/4 you will also see players to it with any Ace (suited or not), any pair, any suited connectors, any two suited. There is no substitute for knowledge of you opponent. If you have no reads, one thing to look for is was he the first limper? If not, then there is a good chance it is just a LAG that could have any of those hands.