PDA

View Full Version : Massive pre-flop pot

Saborion
03-24-2004, 07:53 AM
I think this hand qualifies for the biggest win in terms of BB for me at the 2/4 limit. MP1 was either drunk, on tilt, or a true gambler. Given the stuff he wrote I'd say he was drunk. If he didn't raise pre, he'd 3-bet the raiser for sure. Is that a reason for me to not raise with AQo in that spot? I suppose it might be.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

This turned out to be a bit interesting, to say the least. Biggest pot I've seen pre-flop at any limit in terms of BB.

Flop: (32 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(8 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button caps</font>, SB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

What's up with all these weird raises? People caight up in the moment?

Turn: (26.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP3 calls.

No heart, no heart, no heart...

River: (30.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG folds, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, MP3 folds.

8 people saw the flop. No one called the final river bet?

Final Pot: 31.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 30.50 BB, won by Hero.</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: 1 BB, overbet by Hero.</font>

Did I misplay my hand somewhere? Should I have limped with my hand, given the high probability of the 3-bet raise by MP1?

crockpot
03-24-2004, 08:25 AM
ask yourself why you're raising with your AQo in the first place: to get more money in the pot with the best hand. if you knew a tilted player was going to automatically reraise you, shouldn't that encourage you even more to make this raise? in fact, you might want to consider capping when it gets back to you.

i don't think you misplayed your hand anywhere. button's flop cap looks a lot like he's just raising out of frustration because he think it will get capped anyway. (understandable given the previous betting.) so trying to check to him on the turn is too dangerous when you can simply bet yourself.

dirty_dan
03-24-2004, 11:59 AM
You played the hand fine.

The flop action is perfectly reasonable. UTG has JT/images/graemlins/heart.gif and the button has Kx/images/graemlins/heart.gif. Button just called your opening bet with the nut draw because he didn't want to shut anyone out. When it came back to UTG there were 3 opponents and he's got a clear value raise. After you 3-bet, the button has 4 opponents who are already in for at least 2 bets and one more who's in for one and may call the the cap. He knows hes not going to shut enough people out to kill his nut draw value raise so he caps.

MP3 probably has some kind of broadway draw as well. The river doesn't hit anybody and they all fold to your bet.