PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Sports Topic -- NCAA Brackets -- Do I have any chance?

Schneids
03-24-2004, 01:24 AM
I'm sitting pretty well right now, in first out of 49 in an office pool. In fact, if things go right, I'll have 6 of 8 elite 8 teams (no Stanford or Kentucky), and all four of my final four teams are alive.

However, I look at the schedule, and get queesy.

Xavier vs. Texas -- I need Xavier to win (I had Texas getting upset earlier, so therefore it was easier having Xavier making it to the elite 8)

Wake Forest vs. St. Joes (I need Wake to win. Same as above, had St. Joes falling to Texas Tech.)

My final four:
Oklahoma State vs. Georgia Tech
Duke vs. UConn
...with OkSt vs. UConn in the championship and UConn winning.

Can these teams pull it off?

bugstud
03-24-2004, 01:43 AM
I had both beating the teams they're facing, so I would think it's more than possible.

banditbdl
03-24-2004, 01:47 AM
Sure you got a chance, plus do you really need need Wake and Xavier to win, I have to believe if your already in first if the Final Four goes your way you should win easily, I'd bet you could lose both of those games and still win given you have GT in the Final Four. I'm in like 20th out of a 47 person pool and I still have a slim chance if its UConn over Okie St. in the final, I would need Duke to not make the final 4 and St. Joe's to beat Wake.

Clarkmeister
03-24-2004, 12:58 PM
Right now I think the final four will be Nevada, Ok St., UConn and Texas.

But of course you have a chance. Almost any team left is capable of making the final four.