PDA

View Full Version : Give a little rope

slavic
03-23-2004, 11:16 PM
B&M 20/40 We have a new fish at the table and he is cleaning the place up. I did one of my patented try and push AK of his hand moves and he called me down with no pair. Every other player in the game is trying to move him now and well he's ahead 67 BB's. Ok so I had to lose a hand to remeber my old calling station lessons, oh well. Sometimes I'm a bit thick.

I open in MP with ATs and the tight players to my left fold around to our CS Button who oddly folds. The SB a bit of a CS in his own right calls though he tends to read well and pushes if he thinks he's ahead, as does the BB who is new to me but a bit over-aggressive with small pairs and weak with big aces. The 3 bet with ducks and limp with AK has been too consistent to ignore.

Flop: A 7 2r

It checks around

Turn: J finishing off our rainbow

SB quick bets, BB folds, and I call

River: Q

SB Bets, I raise

bernie
03-24-2004, 01:55 AM
Since it's HU after the guy folds, i guess it's alright.

Id have bet the flop though.

b

Steve Giufre
03-24-2004, 06:28 AM
Bet the flop, If you do choose to check, raising the turn is far better than calling IMO. The river raise is thin, sounds like you made out OK, but there arn't too many hands he calls you with that you beat.

Nightwish
03-24-2004, 05:04 PM
Can you explain to me why you gave everyone a free card on the flop when you likely have the best hand? Also, the river raise makes no sense. This whole hand is a clear case of Fancy Play Syndrome.