PDA

View Full Version : All In... Tournament & Heads Up

strawberry cupcake
03-23-2004, 10:43 PM
Hi everyone ive been playing for a couple of months now so still a newbie to this great game.

Im having trouble this week with tournament and headsup no limit play. Ive found myself playing aggressively (more aggressive than usual) and upon reraises getting all in as only a small favourite. (small PP V two overcards, bottom two pair versus top pair & overcard, Top pair top kicker V flush draw with a pair)

Im wondering how u guys deal with the small favourite/all in decision. Especially in heads up. I usually wont take the all in call in a tourney in the early stages, but at some point, u need to make a play. and why not do it when ure a small favourite? In heads up ill go all in almost always as a small favourite. AM i right? D.Brunson says in his book that he doesnt like to commit all his chips when he is only a small favourite, yet is happy to be fully aggresive on a straight draw. Any thoughts?

HavanaBanana
03-23-2004, 11:22 PM
If you are allin in a CAsh game with a hand that is favorite, you CANNOT fold and if you have to because of bankroll concerns, you are playing in the wrong game.

In tournaments it is very different, lets say you are twice as good as the avg player in your tournament, why take a slight favorite allin with miniscule blinds at the start?
Someone elses +EV might be your -EV.
And the other way around of course.

Welcome to 2+2 and good luck /images/graemlins/smile.gif