PDA

View Full Version : NLO8 hand (I think I really screwed up)

bunky9590
03-23-2004, 08:34 PM
Yes, we play a no limit cash game and its half HE and half O8. Blinds 1-2. Villian has 260.00 and I have him well covered with 500+.

Villian is in EP and open raises to 6.00, pick up two callers and I'm in the BB with T /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif , and call the small raise. (Mistake #1?)

Flop: ($25.00 pot) T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif
I pot the flop ($25.00) and gets smooth called by the villian.

Turn: Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif
I over bet the pot to $100.00, villian thinks and calls.
(I'm trying to win it right here and when he called I'm praying for a big card or pair the board.) (Mistake #2?)

River: A /images/graemlins/spade.gif Now I finally wise up and check. ( I have no low and my high isn't looking as good now either, but could be good)

Villian bets $40.00 into a $275.00 pot.
Man that bet is tempting, he probably just made a nice low, or its a trap bet, because he knows I can move in here and his stack is short now, its like he's asking me to push. I think for about 20 seconds and smooth call.

He shows A /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
for the scoop. So how many places did I screw up here?

I'll post another hand that I won later but wanted to see how far off my judgement was here.

scrub
03-23-2004, 09:03 PM
I told you this last night, but I guess I'll say it now too--this hand is terrible, so you should fold it before the flop.

You wouldn't call a raise in high-only PLO or "NLO" with naked TT, so why would you call a raise in "NLO8" with naked TT + crappy low cards designed to get you scooped or quartered in a big pot?

scrub

limon
03-23-2004, 09:07 PM
how many players were there? if shorthanded i think you did ok...full game fold before the flop. if you make your low the raiser defn has you for high and if you make your high with no low available no one is going to go broke against you.

bunky9590
03-23-2004, 09:25 PM
Limon it was 6 handed at that time after 2 players busted out and were on the rail.

I knew I screwed up later, I should have pushed on the turn, but I don't think it would have made any difference. Player was weak and most likely fell in love with those starters

bunky9590
03-23-2004, 09:27 PM
because I suck at NLO8!

who knew that Johnny weak tight would actually wake up with a hand?