11: pvl000 (Troy), *
12: cales157 (Royal Palm Beach),
13: tysdad (colchester),
14: Ruddiger (Sammamish), *
15: GldnTeeTrkr (Jacksonville),
16: TexasKing (Bridgeport),
17: B-4000 (Tucson),
18: iatoymwya70 (Winter Haven),

Ok here we are. Now that there is some solid prestige up for grabs it seems that William pulls his finger out! /images/graemlins/smile.gif:)

All those marked with a * are 2+2 (or friends:))

We await the very first leaderboard points listing from AleoMagus.

I don't know about the other table, but things were like the very first of these SnGs...tighter than a nuns...

I have quite a few hands to post so I will post them serperately.

/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
For all of those who are interested I would like to exchange hand histories for the game with anyone who wants to.
PM me if you would like to. Plus state if you want to share it with just me or with anyone (you will of course get the handhistory of anyone who gets yours)
/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

See you all next week!

Tim

Poker Jon
03-23-2004, 06:33 PM
T,

Gotta be he tighest one I have played!!
131 hands played and saw flop:
- 4 times out of 22 while in small blind (18%)
- 4 times out of 22 while in big blind (18%)
- 3 times out of 87 in other positions (3%)
- a total of 11 times out of 131 (8%)

Pots won at showdown - 2 out of 5 (40%)
Pots won without showdown - 23

The only three hands I lost were the last three I played, William (MobyDick) beating my K high straight with a rivered flush, A4s losing to heyrocker JJ in SB and BB respectively and then pushing all in shortstacked with K7o to be beaten by Williams 88's!

Another good game though and thoroughly enjoyable.

Cheers

Jon

t_perkin
03-23-2004, 06:54 PM

Blinds 25/50

Dealt AcQc in BB

HelmetSky(Mantis) raise to 150 UTG

All fold, I call.

With only the 100 to call I figure it is worth it. But I know I am going to be in a tough spot on the flop.

*** FLOP *** [Kc Ts Qs]

I bet out 350. This was a mistake - I can't think of ANY hands that I could have beat here.

He raised to 1000 and I folded.

I figured him for AK, JJ or AA, in which case maybe I could have pushed him off the hand, but I didn't want to risk it this early. KK, QQ he would have stuck in there.

Should I have folded PF?

How would others play this?

Tim

William
03-23-2004, 06:58 PM
Hi all,

Thank you for a very enjoyable tourney.

I got lucky this time, getting the right cards at the right moment. (I'm not lying, Tim has my hand history, you can check with him /images/graemlins/grin.gif)

I'm not very good at posting hands, but I do remember getting Aces twice and getting all my chips in the míddle preflop against one caller. You can't ask for more, so that's probably why I won this time (and the 78% rule being disabled tonight)

Nice playing against you all.

Take care,
William

AleoMagus
03-23-2004, 07:15 PM
Each week, I guess what I will do is post the current Tourney's leaderboard result underneath the tourney result as soon as it gets posted.

I was going to wait until later in the week to post both together but this seems like a better idea. Once both tourneys are done (thursday usually) I will email my current spreadsheet results to Simon and he can update the web site. Both leaderboards will be avaliable for viewing on his sng page and I guess he can just make a post providing a link to it each week when he is done

So without any further ado, here is this weeks Euro - leaderboard standings

1: MobyDick - 100 pts
2: HelmetSky - 79 pts
3: heyrocker - 63 pts
4: PokerJon - 47 pts
5: ByronKincaid - 31 pts
6: TheStrength - 29 pts
7: t_perkin 2+2 - 27 pts
8: Bryovski - 25 pts
9: Senseless - 23 pts
10: Stone_Eyes - 18 pts
11: pvl000 - 16 pts
12: cales157 - 14 pts
13: tysdad - 12 pts
14: Ruddiger - 10 pts
15: GldnTeeTrkr - 8 pts
16: TexasKing - 6 pts
17: B-4000 - 4 pts
18: iatoymwya70 - 2 pts

Bear in mind here that in the future, I will not be including all finishers in the leaderboard. In the future, players will need to meet an eligibility requirement for the current ten week cycle

Two possibilities for this requirement are
a) Play at least two tournaments
b) Play at least two tournaments OR Cash at least once

This requirement will ensure that our leaderboard is not cluttered up by non-2+2 players. I will of course calculate points for all players in the event that they decide to show up a second time, but those points really do not become effective until then. I listed everyone this week just to get us started.

The website that Simon is graciously constructing will include the other stats I calculate such as Average finish, and Prize $$$ won.

So, Congratulations all. If you want to be competitive keep coming out!

Also, what do you think is better for an eligibility requirement:

Other suggestions?

Regards,
Brad S

ThaSaltCracka
03-23-2004, 07:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The website that Simon is graciously constructing will include the other stats I calculate such as Average finish, and Prize $$$ won.

[/ QUOTE ]
what is the website?

t_perkin
03-23-2004, 07:28 PM
5 left before tables join.

50/100

X in the SB
Y in the BB

All fold to X who calls. Y checks

*** FLOP *** [Ts Qd 3s]

X bets out 100

Y folds

X flips KK.

What do people think of this play?

Sorry PokerJon but I don't like it much.

I would have like X's play if he were shortstacked but he was doing fine.

I can see the thinking but I think it is too risky. There are a lot of scare cards that could come on the turn (A, Q, any spade - plus maybe even the various cards to make the stright possible) and you are out of position.

I think you need to bet the pot here. Or make a min reraise PF.

Although Y was the big stack and was likely to try and push you around...

Not sure...would just like to know what others think.

Tim

AleoMagus
03-23-2004, 07:30 PM

William
03-23-2004, 07:30 PM
That's all very nice, but can I start braggin now? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Joke aside, nice work, both Brad and Simon.

We hope to see you both soon at the tables (yes, you too Simon, even if you oficially suck /images/graemlins/grin.gif)

Take care,
William

PS. Hey, now I am both King of the Zoo and of the SNGs...wonder what I might call myself...something pompous....

Sorry, couldn't resist /images/graemlins/grin.gif

t_perkin
03-23-2004, 07:48 PM
100/200 ante 25

9 at the final table

random moves in for 309

Mantis raises to 600

Heyrocker calls from the BB.

*** FLOP *** [4h 7h 4s]

Heyrocker bets 600

Mantis calls

turn As

Rocker bets out 1200

Mantis raises to 3000

Rocker folds, Mantis shows 77.

What do people think? I am not sure what rocker had... would like to know.

Should mantis have waited to suck some more out on the river? or are his chances better of milking here rather than when a possible flush lands?

any thoughts?

Tim

Tim

PrayingMantis
03-23-2004, 07:52 PM
Good game everybody. I enjoyed it very much, although my HU against William was one of the shortest I remember, considering we were both equal stacks when it started. I'll post the final hand here soon.

Anyway, I lost it to a player who's much better than myself, so I can't feel too bad about it... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Good show, William, and congrats for the 1000th post!!

PrayingMantis

Simon Diamond
03-23-2004, 08:14 PM
what is the website?

The rankings will be archived on a webpage later this week. I will post the details here when it is ready, so keep 'em peeled.

Simon

PrayingMantis
03-23-2004, 08:15 PM
Yes, that's a hand I'm not sure about. I put Hetrocker on an Ax when he bet the turn. I felt that calling his bet turn will be more suspect than if I raise him, although I rather regreted it after his fold. I was trying to make him feel I'm pushing him out, not believing his ace bet. It didn't work.

He thought about it for a long time, which actually shows he was very far from putting me on a monster. I suspect he was basically afraid of a stronger kicker.

All in all, I think I played it too aggressively. Should have called and try to get some more on the river, especially if the flush card doesn't hit.

Any comments? Heyrocker?

PrayingMantis
03-23-2004, 08:22 PM
I had Kd Ks. Yes, flopped another monster. But in this hand I'm sure raising was the right move, since there were so many draws out there, and I knew you had one or two of them. The fact that I had the Ks didn't really calm me down...

I would have been very glad if you had tried to push me off this hand... So I think it was a good fold by you, Tim.

ThaSaltCracka
03-23-2004, 08:26 PM
How many of you guys are going to be playing both SnG's?

Poker Jon
03-24-2004, 05:05 AM
T Perkin,

I know this is a risky play, but this was literally my first decent hand in the tournament. Bearing in mind that any raise I had made seemed to be folded to, i decided to see if I could set a trap. I actually thought that heyrocker may push back at me pre-flop or even on the flop with top pair etc.

I know I wasn't the short stack, but I fancied mixing my play up. Maybe you are right and I should have bet T200 into the 200 pot, but in this situation I think it is irrelevant whether I bet T100 or T200 into the pot, given the relativer stack sizes at the time.

I would be interested in how others perceive this play, bearing in mind my stats for the tourney posted earlier.

Cheers

Jon

Poker Jon
03-24-2004, 05:10 AM
FWIW I put hey rocker on at least AJ, if not AQ on that hand.

I think he thought you had AK mantis.

But hey you both fininshed higher than me so what do I know /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Cheers

Jon

DrPhysic
03-24-2004, 05:30 AM
I usually play both, although naturally i have to miss both the first week of the leaderboard.

Doc

heyrocker
03-24-2004, 08:29 AM
I had AJo and feel I misplayed this hand pretty badly. The way this went is that random moved in for 309, and Helmutsky raised to 600. In my head I thought, "oh a min raise" even though its still 3X the BB. Then when the flop came, I basically just took a shot at it, because it seemed like the kind of flop that would miss most raisable hands (except of course 77) and when he just called I thought "hmmm, thats not good." Then when the turn A came I just got excited without thinking, and when he reraised I put him on a better kicker (because after all if he had a hand on the flop he would have raised me right?) I really should have just checked the flop and gone from there because lets face it AJo is not all that hot. Mantis would have thrown a big bet and I could have bailed. I also wasn't really thinking about Mantis' play style at the time, in that he's not the kind of guy who screws around with crap.

Good game all, but damn what a grind. After playing SNGs on Paradise all week that felt like a six hour multi.

heyrocker
03-24-2004, 08:33 AM
You are mostly correct, however if you had just called that turn the alarm bells would have been going off in my head like there was an inferno burning in the apartment next door. Even I would have known there was trouble brewing there.

heyrocker
03-24-2004, 08:42 AM
160 hands played and saw flop:
- 2 times out of 31 while in small blind (6%)
- 11 times out of 32 while in big blind (34%)
- 5 times out of 97 in other positions (5%)
- a total of 18 times out of 160 (11%)

Pots won at showdown - 4 out of 5 (80%)
Pots won without showdown - 28

PokerJon was to my right, and he was CONSTANTLY throwing steal bets at me when I was in the blinds. It was driving me crazy but I just kept getting the most outrageous garbage in the blinds that there was no way I could even think about making a move.

Also I'm happy to send my hand history to anyone who is interested.

t_perkin
03-24-2004, 08:55 AM
109 hands played and saw flop:
- 2 times out of 18 while in small blind (11%)
- 4 times out of 17 while in big blind (23%)
- 5 times out of 74 in other positions (6%)
- a total of 11 times out of 109 (10%)

Pots won at showdown - 1 out of 2 (50%)
Pots won without showdown - 11

This game really was proper tight.

I think I win the prize for most hating showdowns.
The showdown I won was with AA which I got all in b4 the flop. The won I lost was obviosuly where I went out.

madness.

Tim

PrayingMantis
03-24-2004, 10:56 AM
OK, this is a hand from the EURO game, feel free to flame away, since I really need some perspective on that one.

Blinds 15/30, I'm w/2260. UTG folds, UTG+1 (Ruddiger, 1130) limps, Tim folds, I raise with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif A /images/graemlins/spade.gif to 120. Folded to BB (random?, 3145) who raises to 210. He's been raising a few times PF. Ruddiger folds. I decide to slow play a little, since it's only the both of us, and I call.

Flop: 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Not the last monster I flopped in this game... /images/graemlins/grin.gif. BB checks, I bet 390, he calls.

Turn: T /images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB checks, I bet 600, he calls. I don't put him on the flush draw (he didn't have the A /images/graemlins/heart.gif, but reraised me PF) and I rather hope he's slowplaying a lower set.

Flop: 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB checks. I push for 1060, thinking a smaller bet will be more likely to represent the flush, in case he has a set and is afraid of it. He thinks for a long while and folds. I think he folded an ace, although it's not too probable he had the 4th ace. Maybe he was on JJ-KK.

What do you think of how this whole hand was played, and especially about my river move? Should I have checked it behind? or bet smaller, trying to induce a re-raise bluff?

ThaSaltCracka
03-24-2004, 12:25 PM
I may not have been paying attention if this was said, but is the leaderboard going to somehow reflect who plays in both, and penalize those who don't?

If it has been decided on, I don't want to fight to change anything, cuz it seems like it took you guys a while to decide upon everything. Can someone explain what the ruling is?

BTW, I apologize if this is in the wrong thread

Poker Jon
03-24-2004, 01:05 PM
heyrocker

[ QUOTE ]
PokerJon was to my right, and he was CONSTANTLY throwing steal bets at me when I was in the blinds. It was driving me crazy but I just kept getting the most outrageous garbage in the blinds that there was no way I could even think about making a move.

[/ QUOTE ]

The majority of hands I was raising on were good hands HU. I think towards the end when i was raising all in, I prob had any PP, or any A. I wasn't stealing that often as I had the chip mountains, moby and helmet behind me!!!

Was a good battle though!

Cheers

Jon

Simon Diamond
03-24-2004, 01:06 PM
Aleo is organising two sets of rankings - one titled Euro Rankings for the Tuesday game, the other North American Rankings for the Wed/Thurs game.

Therefore you will not be penalised if you only play Tuesdays game for instance. It must also be noted that the names of the rankings only relate to the time the games are put on, not eligibility. Euro players can qualify for the N.American Rankings and vice versa.

Hope that clears it up for you.

Simon

ThaSaltCracka
03-24-2004, 01:16 PM
so essentialy there will be two leaderboards? or will it be reflected in one board.
Thanks Simon!!

Simon Diamond
03-24-2004, 01:57 PM
Two leaderboards. Aleo will post them here - I will make a webpage later this week after the N.American game has been played.

Simon

ThaSaltCracka
03-24-2004, 02:24 PM
cool thanks Simon

are we going to try to do a "tourney of Champions"?
Top 5 from each board in one SnG ?

TylerD
03-24-2004, 03:24 PM
Sounds good, but it would have to be top 4 from euro top 4 from N. America and a HU battle for the ninth spot. I think we should give it about a month a decent set of results before we try this though. Perhaps a monthly battle would be a good idea?

William
03-24-2004, 03:29 PM
are we going to try to do a "tourney of Champions"?
Top 5 from each board in one SnG ?

And how if I may ask is that going to happen, considering I will be in first place at both leaderboards? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kind of like the Idea of having an European in top of the N.american leaderboard, he, he. The vikings are invading the new world again /images/graemlins/grin.gif

William /images/graemlins/cool.gif

ThaSaltCracka
03-24-2004, 03:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And how if I may ask is that going to happen, considering I will be in first place at both leaderboards?

Kind of like the Idea of having an European in top of the N.american leaderboard, he, he. The vikings are invading the new world again

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody messed with the U.S. /images/graemlins/grin.gif
Bring it on William. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

This could be a sweet idea, I think if the top 4 from both play, and then the two number 5's play a HU match to see who gets the 9th seed.
just a though...

Simon Diamond
03-24-2004, 05:47 PM
Erm, silly suggestion maybe - but how about top 9 from each in a two table SNG?

All hypothetical of course.

Simon

William
03-24-2004, 05:57 PM
how about top 9 from each in a two table SNG?

As we cannot control who enters the SNG, how about 7 from each board, to make sure everybody gets a seat? We can just ignore the non 2+2 players.

William

ThaSaltCracka
03-24-2004, 06:07 PM
you guys are in charge of this.
sounds good to me.

Simon Diamond
03-24-2004, 06:39 PM
I would seek to host something like this as a private event. I know Stars have ruled it out at the moment, but there may be other options.

Let the leaderboard kick into life first anyhow and see how that pans out.

Simon

ThaSaltCracka
03-24-2004, 08:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Let the leaderboard kick into life first anyhow and see how that pans out.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good idea /images/graemlins/grin.gif

AleoMagus
03-24-2004, 08:48 PM
13-1 when I posted this. That's a pretty good majority of votes with which to make a decision.

So, in our second week and beyond, you will have had to play in at least two tourneys to appear on the leaderboard standings. If you have played in one, and don't see yourself - Remember, your points are not wasted and I am keeping track of them all, but you will have to play a second tourney for them to count.

If you only plan on playing one tourney every ten weeks for some reason, please don't be discouraged about not being a part of the leaderboard. I will probably find some way to incorporate top finishers into other stats or a weekly winners list.

Regards,
Brad S

Simon Diamond
03-24-2004, 08:58 PM
Good call. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Simon

DrPhysic
03-24-2004, 09:02 PM
I wish to offer congratulations to US! Tim Perkin, Stoneii, VinnyTheFish, Simon, AleoMagus, and ME!!!!!

We wanted to stimulate interest in the SNG series. We wanted more hand analysis. We wanted more enthusiasm. We got it!!!!!!!!

We also want more players. To those who have watched, read, thought about jumping in to play... The SNG games are FUN. They are also a way to learn poker from some of the BEST!

Getting beat by William, (MobyDick), HelmetSky, heyrocker, Poker Jon, or Byron is a PRIVILEDGE! Because I learn something new every time they do it to me!

Jump in. You will be glad you did.

Doc