PDA

View Full Version : Support of Israel

GWB
03-23-2004, 05:24 PM
Given recent escalating events in Israel and the fact that Israel is now going to be involved in a more war-like situation, I have a question:

Can any true supporter of Israel logically support a Democrat Party administration, when unabashed US support for Israel is needed more than ever? Is there any choice but to support my re-election, if you support Israel?

spamuell
03-23-2004, 05:32 PM
Support for Israel does not equal support for Sharon and his government, in the same way that support for America is not the same as support for Bush (or you, /images/graemlins/grin.gif).

So in answer to your question:

Is there any choice but to support my re-election, if you support Israel?

Yes, there is a choice.

GWB
03-23-2004, 06:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is there any choice but to support my re-election, if you support Israel?

Yes, there is a choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think eating all that spam has muddled your brain!

Seriously, this is a great American meat-packing industry product!

ThaSaltCracka
03-23-2004, 08:23 PM
American support for Israel is not based upon a polical parties support for Israel. BTW, you are doing a great job over there too.

nicky g
03-24-2004, 06:36 AM
I know you are joking but: Huh? Most of the Democratic party are even more blinkered pro-Israel fanatics than the Republicans. Even Howard Dean's right-hand man was a honcho from AIPAC. Kerrys upports the wall which the government at least in theory doesn't. Republicans wouldn't give two hoots for Israel if it weren't for three relatively recent developments: the rise of the evangelical Christian right and its lunatic beliefs about the second coming; the emergence of the neocons to the fore of the party; and Sharon's recent co-opting of the "war on terror." Bush Snr for example put a great deal more pressure on Israel than Clinton ever did.

stripsqueez
03-24-2004, 07:09 AM
i dont know about USA domestic politics but i reckon the time has come to cut them loose george

its not about democracy anymore - havent the years proven that meddling with the internal problems of israel achieves nada ? - keep the palestinian supporting states at bay and let them go for it - the world will be watching and can judge for itself who the bad guys are

stripsqueez - chickenhawk