PDA

View Full Version : For magithighs: this is how you play poker baby!

04-03-2002, 03:30 AM
(warning: not everything in this post is as it appears *hint hint*)

PP 1/2

UTG limps, I limp with Jc9c. Terrible MP fish raises, incredibly smart, sexy, intelligent LP "1/2 pro" reraises, BB calls 2 cold, UTG folds, I call with this great, not-dominated-by-an-obvious-big-pair hand. Fish now caps, everyone calls.

Flop: 5h 5c 6d

Incredible flop for me, I'll be sure to check/call it down with my monster draw. BB checks, I check, MP checks, LP bets, everyone calls.

Turn: 6c [5h 5c 6d]

Checked to the LP who bets, everyone calls.

River: 7c [6c 6d 5c 5h]

I check, since maybe the LP pro who 3 bet preflop has a 6 or a 5. He makes some wise-ass comment about "betting for value", whatever that means, and bets, BB calls, I call and win with my flush. Woo! Comments on my superb play?

I'm going to bed /images/wink.gif Oh well, fought my way back to a 10 bb win.

04-03-2002, 04:27 PM
LOL -- It was fun, and I couldn't hang in there to fight my way back. Beat the crap out of the dead table I was playing earlier where I started winning and everyone left. Yikes! I guess there's tomorrow (today).

The BB was on a Flush draw and a horrible player. What a bozo. Gets the card they are looking for on the river and doesn't bet, doesn't raise. Holy cow, why were they in the hand. These players were hard to find last night and when I did, it was too late for me! Was going to type -- "he's got the damn flush!" But I think you knew that and were hoping to push them off. Those players won't let go, if you have a bat the size of Texas and beat them repeatedly! Small investment to get the info you needed though.

Anyway, I thought this one was questionable. But man were people afraid of betting into you. Nice one.

04-03-2002, 06:03 PM
Yeah the bet on the end was moronic but I knew just how bad these guys were and figured I would get calls with worse hands. Know whats even funnier than that? The other guy that overcalled on the river had Ace f'ing ten offsuit!!

04-05-2002, 10:55 AM
Man I was salivating when I saw these guys turn up their cards. It's so hard seeing this horrible play and not being able to capitalize! Just couldn't get cards to undress these dudes. Sounds like you did a little later. Good on ya!