PDA

View Full Version : Good or bad laydown?

DanTheCardMan
03-23-2004, 03:47 PM
Playing NLHE 25 on PP

Table is loose aggressive preflop, tight aggressive postflop.

I'm EP+1, stack ~$29 dealt A/images/graemlins/heart.gif8/images/graemlins/heart.gif and call expecting to get raised. Folded to MP (who raises to $1. CO ~$14 calls (appears aggressive but no good read on him). SB folds. BB calls.

Flop comes 876r. BB checks. I bet the pot, MP folds, CO goes all-in, BB folds.

At this point I'm not sure what to put him on. Looking back on it I'm pretty much convinced he was betting with overcards. I doubt he had flopped a str8 or hit a set, because he would have wanted to milk me. Also thinking 2pr as 76 or 87 would be good hands to play late. Or he could have had 98, going all in with top pair and a good draw.

Since I didn't have a good read and couldn't put him on a hand I folded. Did I do the right thing here? Or should I have pushed ahead with my TPTK, calling $7 to win $17?

NoTalent
03-23-2004, 04:24 PM
From my experience at Pary $25 buy in, people will call a .50 raise with anything. Ax, Kx, suited connectors, any pp. Its impossible to put him on a hand.

He could very well have had flopped 2 pr. I think he would have tried to get as much out of you as possible if he did (like you said). I think he might have had bottom-mid pair and an overcard, or was completley bluffing.

I probally would have just called.