PDA

View Full Version : Poker Tracker Benchmarks?

Large Pizza
03-23-2004, 03:42 PM
I just recently started using Poker Tracker and it seems like this will be a big help to plug leaks. I have tried a couple searches and only found brief info - Does anyone know of a source that would include benchmarks for various indicators that the software tracks? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

sthief09
03-23-2004, 04:48 PM
Check out the small stakes and micro-limit forums. There are always posts about peoples' Poker Tracker stats. But here are a few important stats and where you should be. It's hard for me to answer because I don't know what limits you are playing.

hands: to have meaningful statistics, you want to have about 30,000 hands played
VP$IP: basically pre-flop tightness. it's generally good to be in the 15-23 range. The higher the limit, the lower it should be.
PFR: pre-flop raising. you probably want to be in the 7-10 range
BB/100: a lot of people start off fast but generally 2-3 BB/100 over 30,000+ hands means you're pretty much crushing the game, and 0 obviously consitutes a break-even player

stealing and defending blinds are also important, but I don't know any benchmarks for those

the above numbers are just what I've noticed from reading peoples' posts. They aren't the definitive benchmarks.