PDA

View Full Version : Two Party $20+2 Questions. My Earliest Exit to Date

fsuplayer
03-23-2004, 11:41 AM
Early in the event, havent yet played a hand out of the blinds. I have something like T765.
Blinds are still T15-30
The world limps to me on the button w/
A /images/graemlins/spade.gifA /images/graemlins/club.gif.
I raise to T85. Is 5.5x BB's okay here. Or should I make it something like T120 to go. (that just seems excessive to me, especially with rockets.)
Two callers and I see a flop of:
3 /images/graemlins/club.gif5 /images/graemlins/club.gif9 /images/graemlins/club.gif.
Well, I dont love it, but I dont hate it either.
MP leads out for 150 and has 200 left.
I figure him for one of three things.
An overpair, (1010 maybe) which I have killed. A made flush which I still have outs against. Or a complete bluff on a scary low board.
I reraise all in. Questions? Comments?

He calls and flips K8s for a solid preflop call and a miracle flop.
No help comes and I am down to T300...which leads us to the next hand.

Same K8s ringer makes it T150 to go.
I have A /images/graemlins/club.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif and move in.
Comments? No brainer right?
No help on a 7 high board, (although i did pick up a flush draw on the river, but no word yet on what the eigth and final card was)
His 1010 takes all money.
From 800 to bust in two hands with two of the best starting hands in the game.
BTW, I am not keeping track, but that is the fourth time in my last four hours of playing that my aces have been cracked. What a game.

Ian J
03-23-2004, 01:32 PM
I think you made a typo in hand one. You said 15-30 blinds and you raised 5.5x BB to 85. That doesn't add up. Usually, with that many limpers I might go as high as 7 times the BB because the pot's already nice and you really only want one caller. Obviously, he makes a terrible call and gets very lucky, but I'd play it just like you did.

I'd play hand 2 the same way also.

prairieboy
03-23-2004, 02:42 PM
With that many limpers, I'd raise much more than you did, 150-200 sounds nice. I really don't like playing AA against a big field in a sit & go.

I'd probably push in with my overpair/nut flush draw too.

K8s is NOT a "solid preflop call". It's a really, really crappy call.

Hand 2: It's either all-in or fold with your AK suited. Given that MP will call a raise with K8, I'd move all in on him too.

NotMitch
03-23-2004, 02:45 PM
I think you played it fine, but if blinds are 15/30 a raise to 150 or more is better pre flop. FWIW I don't think a call for 18% of the opponents stack with K8s was solid, or calling any raise with K8s for that matter.