PDA

View Full Version : Yet another first for me

SoBeDude
03-23-2004, 04:23 AM
I guess the longer I play, I will see everything, and nothing will suprise me.

But this suprised everyone in the room.

I'm in LP and limp after 4 opponents with 66.

Flop comes J 6 7 rainbow. Nice. Checked to me, I bet. BB folds, EP calls, tight retired lady calls in MP, LMP calls as well.

Turn is a 5 Checked to me again and I bet. EP folds, retired lady calls, LMP check-raises. I think about 3 betting but decide to just call with the 3-straight out there. Lady calls as well.

River is a blank. can't remember the card. Now the old lady bets out. Warning bells go off, but I have a set. LMP calls, I overcall.

I expect someone to show me the straight.

She turns over JJ, he turns over 77. I never had a prayer.

Set over Set over Set. We all flopped it. First time for anyone in the room. The proprietor said he's seen it once in 35 years.

Just thought I'd share.

-Scott

gavrilo
03-23-2004, 04:56 AM
This has happened to me twice in past couple years and both times I had bottom set.

astroglide
03-23-2004, 12:31 PM
i've been in many triple set situations, and i have also seen FOUR sets beaten by a flush

Ulysses
03-23-2004, 01:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i've been in many triple set situations, and i have also seen FOUR sets beaten by a flush

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet none of them had post-flop action of one bet, two bets, one bet.

bobgreen
03-23-2004, 02:04 PM
One time I folded preflop, then kicked myself when I saw I would have flopped a set. It turned out I would have been second best set on the flop; then a king on the turn would have made mine the third best set; then the flop set guy made quads on the river. Good fold Bob.

Kenrick
03-23-2004, 03:26 PM
The other week I folded a pair of 7's preflop and kicked myself when the flop came 7-J-10. And then the flop got capped. Turn was a 10. The turn got capped. River was a J. The river got capped.

One guy had pocket tens, the other had pocket jacks. Quads over quads. I then felt good about my preflop fold.

Barry
03-23-2004, 03:34 PM
The best story that I heard was from a FW's 20/40 regular who played this hand at the Bellagio about a year ago.

He has A /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif on the button

Capped by the time it got to him

Flop is Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Its 5 way action. I don't remember the betting beyond this, but I don't think that he had to put in more than 1 or 2 raises

Turn is 6c
River is 6s

The following hands were shown down:

QQ
JJ
TT
9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Royal Flush, over str8 flush over 3 full houses.

rharless
03-23-2004, 03:49 PM
Barry's story beats mine, but I will vy for second place.

Everyone in this particular hand just calls $2 preflop (Colorado $2-$5).

The flop A84.

The action is bet, call, raise, all fold to bettor... call, call.

The turn is an A.

The action is check, bet, raise... fold, call.

The river is a blank.

The action is bet, raise, call.

Bettor has 88, raiser has AA (no raise preflop), and the folder had flopped bottom set of 44 and he folded "due to all the heavy action" (his words).

There was an 80k bad beat jackpot available at the time -- which made the 44 fold even more incredulous. Both the case 8 and the case 4 were just a couple cards down in the remaining deck.