PDA

View Full Version : Online $5/10: Two mid pairs

04-02-2002, 09:14 AM
Online $5/10, the game is down to five-handed right now and pretty weak. Two limpers and SB complete to me in BB with K6o.

Flop: Ah-Ks-9s, I have neither of the suits. Now, I don't know what hit me (apart from the fact that typical players usually don't limp in with aces five-handed), but I bet the flop. First limper raises, second limper and button calls two cold. Hmm. Maybe poor again but I call the raise with 11 SB's in the pot.

Turn: 6c. Nice, but scary. I hate "two-no-top-pairs". I bet out. First limper raise AGAIN, second limpers cold-calls AGAIN and SB cold-calls AGAIN. I call. 14 BBs in the pot.

River: Jd. I check, first limper bets, second limper calls and SB calls. I call.

Comments?

Results to follow.

lars

04-02-2002, 09:19 AM
I really felt that I had screwed up badly when I bet the flop, got raised and had to call after two cold-callers.

The Six eased my mind a little, but it got ackward again pretty fast with another raise and two cold-callers.

On the river I felt REAL bad about calling but felt I had little choice with 17 BBs in the pot. I have got to beat the callers at least right? All I need to win is one insane player... :-)

First limper shows A8o for one pair of aces. Second limper mucks (hand history showed Kh8h, pair of kings and backdoor nut flush on the flop) and SB showed 96s (pair of Nines, no backdoor on the flop) for two pair Nines.

Goes on to show that there are quite a few looneys (myself included!!) out there in the online poker world.

lars

04-02-2002, 02:07 PM
I don't really object to how you played the hand and your reasoning, but a few questions come to mind after seeing the results.

Are you surprised that you were drawing so thing -- 2 outs (the same as the 96, btw)? I'm not.

It sounds as if you think that A8's turn raise was bad? I don't...