PDA

View Full Version : Open Ended Straight Flush Draw

ThePopinjay
03-23-2004, 03:21 AM
I know on the flop I am going to be betting this and capping it. But if neither draw completes on the turn, in what situations should you bet and cap again (and why)?

Thanks.

Thats Interesting!
03-23-2004, 05:12 AM
Y do you know that ur going to cap this. Or is it that your going to try and cap it. If I have such a good draw and get that much action, I would slowing down a bit on the turn. If I do hit the nut on the turn, then I'll go on with betting and raising. But if the flops been cap, I would slowdown on the turn.

The fact that you have lots of outs don't make caping correct. It all depends on # of players, possition, table limit, and quality of the players.

/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

cold_cash
03-23-2004, 02:11 PM
This does depend a lot on the situation. Do you have overcards with your draw? How many players do you expect to call a 3-bet or cap? Is there any chance you can win the pot immediately if you bet? Are you drawing to the nuts? Should you be raising to build a pot, or should you be raising to eliminate some players?

Depending on the answer to some of these questions, you will want to adjust your play accordingly.