PDA

View Full Version : JJ early in tournament

DeathDonkey
03-23-2004, 03:14 AM
UB $5 + 0.50 multi, blinds are 15/30, I am down a bit from starting T1000 with T850 to start the hand.

2 EP limpers and I raise it to 130 with JJ. Both the blinds and the 2 limpers call! 5 to the flop of: 742 two diamonds.

SB checks, BB bets min (30), two limpers fold, I raise to T200 (I know, I know, I gave him odds to call on a flush draw, but with that ratty board and my short stack I almost wanted the call. I would have gone all in on any turn card if he checked it to me)

SB folds, BB calls. Turn is a non-diamond 4, pairing 4s on board. BB bets the pot (T1050) which puts me all in and then some!

I read him as a LAG who played way too many pots, but he had almost doubled up by the time this hand started. He didn't turn over many hands, but saw a lot of flops.

Can anyone fold the JJ here?
Thanks,
-DeathDonkey

DeathDonkey
03-24-2004, 03:24 AM
hmm, nobody likes JJ questions? Bumperooo

whiskeytown
03-24-2004, 03:50 AM
hmmm....

problem is, I think he hit a piece of the flop...top pair maybe - so he sends out a probe bet and then tries to trap/scare you on the turn - probably putting you on a hand like AK or AQ

but he's also the BB, which means he could have called with ANYTHING - but your raise probably would preclude the possibility of a 4, unless it's A4 suited, which I see being played a LOT in any tourney.

which brings me to my whiskeytown rule of the week...there's no flop so bad (like 227) and no tourney limit too high for some numbnut not to play A/rag suited and have caught a set -

I guess question is, do I wanna risk my whole stack in the 2nd round or wait for a better shot...in this case...I think if he had made a monster, he'd have slowplayed it a bit better - that all in reads to me like he has two pair and doesn't want a caller, so I'd probably call and pray...

but he could be a stupid amateur who doesn't know how to play cards and played 94 suited...if he is, you're dead...LOL

RB