PDA

View Full Version : multi table players

mikeyKay
03-23-2004, 02:31 AM
hey there,
i have been playing 2 tables at a time for a while now, and was thinking about bumping it up to 3 tables. buuut my big problem is managing the 3 windows on my moniter. do most of the 3+ multi table players use 2 moniters or do you do something extra with the resolution or do you just have the windows overlap, and keep looking at them all? any input is nice, thanks.
-mike

bisonbison
03-23-2004, 02:40 AM
I took my winnings and invested in an LCD monitor with 1600x1200 support. I highly recommend it. I can play 4 tables without overlap.

If you've got a lesser resolution, just make sure that your table buttons never (and I mean NEVER) overlap. You'll get no sympathy if you mistakenly fold the nuts cause you put them right on top of each other.

On my old monitor, I could still play 4. It was just a lot more hectic.

symphonic
03-23-2004, 02:48 AM
I need a better monitor and video card before I can multi table, even 2 tables is too much for my resolution. 1024x768 or something like that.

sthief09
03-23-2004, 02:53 AM
I play on a laptop, and I still manage 4 games. There is pretty severe overlapping, but I can manage those games. Looking at my Poker Tracker results, I've folded AA once and (this was painful) "disconnected" by not responding in time in my SB with QQ, and subsequently flopped a set only to win 1 SB. But that's because I play 4 games, talk on AIM, and watch TV at the same time.

The key is just making sure that you have enough space on the toolbar so you can see all 4 games spread out, instead of in list form, and not getting too engrossed in one hand where you forget your other 3.

sfer
03-23-2004, 10:17 AM
It is my professional opinion that, if you play 4 tables, instant message, and watch TV all at once, you have ADD. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I can't play three tables and chew gum at the same time.

Tosh
03-23-2004, 11:46 AM
I played 7 tables on 3 different sites on a laptop for a while recently. Generally stick to 4 now but even that many is possible.

Warik
03-23-2004, 11:58 AM
I play 3 tables, watch a DVD, and chat on instant messenger at the same time. I use 1600x1200 and could play 4 tables with no overlap if I wanted to.

I feel sorry for you guys still using 800x600 (if any) /images/graemlins/smile.gif

You don't need extra monitors or anything fancy, just right-click on your desktop, go to properties, settings, and see if your screen resolution will go up to 1600x1200.

If not, you'll have to position your windows so that none of the buttons ever overlap... otherwise you'll find yourself folding the nuts or raising the rags at the worst times by accident. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Solitare
03-23-2004, 02:06 PM
I play 4 tables on on Party Poker using 1028x768 resolution. I have my windows overlapped in a diagonal from the upper left to lower right. I actually like the overlapping because I can concentrate on whatever window is in front without seeing bets or cards flying around on other windows. If I fold a hand on one window, it moves into the background and out of my mind until the next hand is dealt and the window pops to the foreground.